We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

raining in tokyo

metro manila
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
raining in tokyo

my family and i will be in tokyo this coming week. unfortunately, it will be raining most of our stay there...can anybody give me suggestions on where to go during the days when it will be raining in tokyo?

i was thinking of spending a day in shinjuku..or shinagawa....are there lots to see in those places (dpet stores, shopping areas)?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: raining in tokyo

If you are looking for department stores, Shinjuku is a great choice. My impression is that there are more department stores there than anywhere else in Tokyo. You can find anything there.

Shibuya and Omotesando are other great places for shopping. Maybe you could take a daytrip to some shopping outlet, like Gotemba. I sometimes go shopping at the big department stores in Ikebukuro, as they are often less crowded than those in more central areas.

Rainy days are perfect for museums. The Edo-Tokyo museum is great if you want to know more about Tokyo and its history. If you have kids with you, they might like a visit to the Ghibli museum. And so on, there are lots of museums for different interests.

Japanese gardens can be very pretty in rainy weather, and there will be much fewer tourists than on other days, so if you dress properly for the weather it can be quite enjoyable. Choose a garden with a tea house so you can finish the visit with a warm cup of Japanese tea! :)

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,395 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: raining in tokyo

Tokyo museum guide - http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3054.html

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: raining in tokyo

What rain? Skies are clear blue and humidity is down to 20%. perfect weather to visit.

Typhoon passed last weekend with only a little disruption. All clear now.

metro manila
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: raining in tokyo

i have been checking worldweatherserver,com the past few days....rainy days sun, mon and tues...now, as i type, its going to be a sunny week till we leave tokyo....yipee!

metro manila
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: raining in tokyo

hi! can you share the web site you are checking for the weather? thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: raining in tokyo

weather forecast is normally the most accurate about 24hours before the date. normally 1 week in advance forecast can just take it with a pinch of salt

7. Re: raining in tokyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 15:16