We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me with travel please.

Minato, Japan
Level Contributor
515 posts
84 reviews
70 helpful votes
Help me with travel please.

I'm visiting Tokyo next week and will be arriving at Haneda. I know that the monorail goes straight to Minato but what card will I need to ride the monorail. I have researched a bit and found Suica/Pasmo but can they be used on the Monorail? Once I'm in Tokyo will the Suica/Pasmo be sufficient to get me round all the different districts on the underground? Can I buy the Suica/Pasmo at Haneda?

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
5,181 posts
11 reviews
14 helpful votes
1. Re: Help me with travel please.

PASMO/SUICA woks like the Oyster Card in London (or, it's the other way around; Oyster Card is based on PASMO/SUICA technology). You can use both cards interchangeably and on Tokyo Monorail among other dozens of underground and overground lines in and around Tokyo (I don't know any line that can't be taken in Kanto Region with those cards - perhaps some might exist). SUICA has a penguin mark on it, and Monorail SUICA has a cute monorail mark on it.

You can get PASMO in Haneda from Keikyu Railway which also happens to connect Minato Ward with Haneda Airport International Terminal, and SUICA from Tokyo Monorail. The more important issue is where you are heading to in the large and wide Minato Ward.

Edited: 20 November 2018, 06:59
2. Re: Help me with travel please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2018, 00:01

Level Contributor
5,181 posts
11 reviews
14 helpful votes
3. Re: Help me with travel please.

Apparently, you can't use it for Ueno Zoo Monorail, Odaiba Rainbow Bus, Choshi Electric Railway, Nagareyama Railway, Chichibu Railway, Hitachinaka Kaihin Railway, Kominato Railway, and Isumi Railway. So, not everywhere. :-)

Edited: 20 November 2018, 08:46
Minato, Japan
Level Contributor
515 posts
84 reviews
70 helpful votes
4. Re: Help me with travel please.

Thanks everyone.

Reply to: Help me with travel please.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted