We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 hour late-afternoon layover

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
29 posts
58 reviews
6 hour late-afternoon layover

I have a 6 hour layover in January from 3pm until 9pm at NRT.

It looks like the Narita temple and omotesando close at 4pm. I was hoping to get out for a breather, is there anything nearby that I could see or do quickly? Is my only hope taking a taxi to get dinner somewhere? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
28,844 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: 6 hour late-afternoon layover

Naritasan Temple and Omotesando don't close at 4pm. The temple ground is always open and some shops/restaurants on Omotesando are open until much later than 4pm. Just take the Keisei local line to Narita and walk to the temple via Omotesando. It's a very impressive temple and well worth your time.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
29 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: 6 hour late-afternoon layover

Thank you for the clarification on the times! Much appreciated

Level Contributor
4,781 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: 6 hour late-afternoon layover

While the temple buildings close quite early, you can still visit the complex in the evening, and walk through the pilgrimage roads will shops and restos (which close at around six or later). You may just take the train to Keisei Narita or JR Narita and walk for ten minutes or so. You may take a taxi or bus from the circle between the two stations to AEON Narita shopping mall, then another bus or taxi to the airport.

Edited: 20 November 2018, 07:28
Kobe, Japan
Level Contributor
4,218 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: 6 hour late-afternoon layover

Unagi is famous in Narita town. On a long layover last summer, we went to one of the most well-know restaurants. Very good!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

Reply to: 6 hour late-afternoon layover
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted