We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takayama Autumn Festival & the weather

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Takayama Autumn Festival & the weather

Hi Everyone-

We are scheduled to be in Takayama for the autumn festival. I know it's still early, but as of now, it is forecasted to rain during the day & perhaps a little rain on the night of the light parade of floats (October 9th).

My question is: will the parade be canceled just with the forecast and possibility of a small amount of rain?

It makes me nervous to have an entire 2 days of my trip hinge upon the festival and the

vagaries of the weather. Makes me want to cancel my stay and go elsewhere.

Any advice or knowledge would be appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
316 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: Takayama Autumn Festival & the weather

During heavy rain, the performances will be cancelled, though some of the Yatai Festivsl Floats can be viewed in the floats'storehouses in the old town area.

Singapore
Level Contributor
316 posts
123 reviews
2. Re: Takayama Autumn Festival & the weather

I have been thrice to Takayama and one of the visits was in April 2013 for the Spring Festival. It was indeed a very lovely and memorable experience seeing the beautifully decorated Yatai Floats and performances. Takayama is a charming place and there are nice walking trails, morning markets and do not miss a day trip to nearby Shirakawago.

Don't cancel the trip. Weather is unpredictable and who knows, you may be blessed with good sunny weather during the Festival.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Takayama Autumn Festival & the weather

Thanks very much! I think we will take the chance.

Reply to: Takayama Autumn Festival & the weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted