We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on arrival?

3 posts
Visa on arrival?

Can you confirm that we can arrange visa on arrival at Eilat - Aqaba border?

According to this website it's available:

your-guide-to-aqaba-jordan.com/visa_to_jorda…

(UPDATE: Visa at Eilat-Aqaba border

"Visa on arrival" is back at the Wadi Araba/Arava Crossing...)

But I couldn't find any official sources to strengthen this information. Jordan Tourism Board for example doesn't say anything about this update.

…visitjordan.com/generalinformation/entryint…

("Starting 1st of January 2016, entry visas will no longer be issued at the Wadi Araba Border Crossing.")

So is there anyone here who has recent experiences with this?

56 replies to this topic
Vancouver
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
41. Re: Visa on arrival?

Patricia - Thank you for the useful information you have posted here and on the other thread you linked above. I have been following since August, for a trip this March. Much appreciated.

Petra
Level Contributor
4,057 posts
26 reviews
42. Re: Visa on arrival?

You're very welcome, have a great time in Jordan !

Patricia (Petra Bed & Breakfast - Horse Riding Jordan)

Lima, Peru
2 posts
43. Re: Visa on arrival?

patricia hello please help us , we are from peru.

we want reserving

passages from athenas to Aqaba roundtrip ; and we want stay for 3 night. also we want visit Petra. let me ask you.

we not need visa or pay for this , and no need to pay for enter or exit to this country ; is that correct ?

Lima, Peru
2 posts
44. Re: Visa on arrival?

patricia hello please help us , we are from peru.

we want reserving

passages from athenas to Aqaba roundtrip ; and we want stay for 3 night. also we want visit Petra. let me ask you.

we not need visa or pay for this , and no need to pay for enter or exit to this country ; is that correct ?

Petra
Level Contributor
4,057 posts
26 reviews
45. Re: Visa on arrival?

With passports from Peru you can get a visum upon arrival in Aqaba or Amman. If you land in Aqaba you will receive a free visa, if you land in Amman your visa will cost 40 JOD but if you buy the Jordan Pass before online then the fee will be waived. (www.jordanpass,jo)

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
46. Re: Visa on arrival?

Good afternoon im branch manager tour office in aqaba I have three group at least daily in aqaba border

Yes this is correct you can issue jordanian visa upon arrival

And it depends how many nights will stay in the jordan if you stay two nights at least your visa free but if you stay one night and less than you will pay 60$

2 posts
47. Re: Visa on arrival?

Hi - can anybody please tell me if it is still possible to get a Jordan visa upon arrival when crossing the Eilat/Aqaba boarder from Israel (German citizen)? Thank you in advance.

Petra
Level Contributor
4,057 posts
26 reviews
48. Re: Visa on arrival?

Yes

9 posts
49. Re: Visa on arrival?

Hi, I am a philippine passport holder living in Dubai (UAE/GCC resident). I am also planning to cross from Eilat to Aqaba, is it possible for me to get a visa on arrival? I am planning to exit in aqaba as well heading to Cairo.

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
11,259 posts
40 reviews
50. Re: Visa on arrival?

with residency in UAE and onward ticket to cairo

you should be able to get visa on arrival to jordan at eilat

cheers

raymond

Reply to: Visa on arrival?