We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on arrival?

3 posts
Visa on arrival?

Can you confirm that we can arrange visa on arrival at Eilat - Aqaba border?

According to this website it's available:

your-guide-to-aqaba-jordan.com/visa_to_jorda…

(UPDATE: Visa at Eilat-Aqaba border

"Visa on arrival" is back at the Wadi Araba/Arava Crossing...)

But I couldn't find any official sources to strengthen this information. Jordan Tourism Board for example doesn't say anything about this update.

…visitjordan.com/generalinformation/entryint…

("Starting 1st of January 2016, entry visas will no longer be issued at the Wadi Araba Border Crossing.")

So is there anyone here who has recent experiences with this?

56 replies to this topic
Petra
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Visa on arrival?

This post gives you all the info you need: https:/…78847433

Patricia (Petra Bed & Breakfast - Horse Riding Jordan)

Dunbarton, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
2. Re: Visa on arrival?

We just went through the border today around 2 PM. Smooth and about half hour from beginning to end. Israel exit fee was About $56 and there was no fees charged on the Jordan side for visa or exit. We depart Jordan in a few days and will update. Our understanding is we pay fees on exit based on how many days you are in Jordan. If going to Petra, the taxi was 50 Dinars one way. Wouldn't negotiate.

3 posts
3. Re: Visa on arrival?

That is good news! Thank you for your answers.

Altough I didn't expect any Israel exit fee until this. $56 per person seems quite a lot only for leaving the country...

Do you know if we can pay this amount in USD or only in shekels? I didn't plan to get hold of shekels, since I only spend a few hours in Israel. (from Ovda airport to the border)

Petra
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Visa on arrival?

I paid my exit fee in Israel by credit card as I didn't want to keep any cash either.

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Visa on arrival?

it must be paid in NIS

cheers

Raymond

3 posts
6. Re: Visa on arrival?

Thank you for the answers.

Credit card seems like a great option.

Berlin, Connecticut
5 posts
7. Re: Visa on arrival?

I've called the Jodranian Embassy in US and they assured me I cannot get a visa at the border unless I am with a tour. I'm considering getting a visa ahead of time "just in case"

Petra
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
28 reviews
8. Re: Visa on arrival?

Jordanian embassies need to urgently update their information. It has been months now that you can get a visa again at the border in Aqaba.

Dunbarton, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
9. Re: Visa on arrival?

Just a follow up on our crossing back from Jordan to Israel. Another smooth, fast and painless procedure. No exit fees were charged. Since we stayed two nights, no Visa fees paid. Walked through in 15 minutes. Jake, I too was fearful of all the changes at the border. We are a mature couple traveling on our own and the main contributors such as Patricia have been more up to date and accurate than the government sites. Sad but true.

Berlin, Connecticut
5 posts
10. Re: Visa on arrival?

Wow - thanks for the responses! My plan is to cross the border on the afternoon of dec 27th and find a cab for Petra with my family. This appears doable.

Reply to: Visa on arrival?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted