We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wadi araba crossing

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
89 reviews
Wadi araba crossing

Hello, can anyone tell me if visa on arrival is currently available from Eilat to Aqaba please? I have read so different statements that I am lost. If anyone crossed the border as independent traveller recently - please let me know!

5 replies to this topic
Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
11,924 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Wadi araba crossing

Ema visitors to jordan entering at eilat/aqaba get visa on arrival as at today rule is not likely to change

.this has been the case for years.

visa is free if you stay 2 nights

come and enjoy jordan

raymond

amman free walking tour and tourists information

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
2. Re: Wadi araba crossing

I crossed over on Friday September 27th 2018 with a UK passport. It was very easy indeed. Had to pay 100 NIS to exit Israel but no charge at all for entering Jordan if you are staying 3 nights or more. Ignore all signs at the Israeli side which tell you that you can't get a visa!

Basically, once you have walked across no-man's land, you get a form to complete at window number 13 (only need names, passport numbers and dates of issue). One form for multiple people in group. You take this form to window 8 and they stamp your passport. Then you simply show your passport to the guy at the final gate before entering the country. It took us 30 minutes (although it may have been a quiet period).

You need to keep the form and get it stamped if going to Petra, to prove you have been in the country more than 3 nights.They did this automatically at Petra, without us even asking.

I was very concerned about the whole thing but it was simple and the Jordanians were friendly, welcoming and helpful (at least with a UK passport).

Hope this is helpful.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,015 posts
171 reviews
3. Re: Wadi araba crossing

"it was simple and the Jordanians were friendly, welcoming and helpful (at least with a UK passport)."

With Swedish passport also.

The same I cannot say about when I was in Israel where I got at least 1 hour interrogation about irrelevant things. In addition, they have torn my sweater and broken my computer. Without pardon.

Edited: 10 October 2018, 00:05
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Wadi araba crossing

Can you explain how you get from Eliat to border?I am gonna have same process soon

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,015 posts
171 reviews
5. Re: Wadi araba crossing

I took taxi from Eilat to the border, nothing difficult.

Reply to: Wadi araba crossing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted