We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to travel after Livingstone for best beaches?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Where to travel after Livingstone for best beaches?

Travelling from Lusaka up to Zimbabwe, probably by coach.

Going to go on a few safaris whilst up in Zimbabwe however me and my partner want to travel too a beach resort after Livingstone.

Where would people recommend? it would probably be a week or so.

Have look at Zanzibar, but due to costs and time, it seemed we would have to head back to Lusaka by coach, to get a flight over?

Any help would be amazing

Thanks

West Australia
Level Contributor
561 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Where to travel after Livingstone for best beaches?

Have a look at the beach accommodations at Lake Malawi (Malawi) as an alternative to Zanzibar.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,857 posts
2. Re: Where to travel after Livingstone for best beaches?

No beaches are close to Livingstone. To get to Zanzibar from there you could-

1) get a coach or fly to Lusaka, fly to Dar with Fastjet then ferry or flight to Zanzibar

2) fly to Johannesburg then direct to Zanzibar. I believe Mango flys direct

3) Fly to Nairobi from Livingstone with Kenya Airways then to Zanzibar

Some of these flights (eg LVI-NBO) do not run every day of the week.

There are other beach options that are geographically closer, like Lake Malawi but in terms of time and cost to get there from Livingstone, I don't think they would be much quicker or cheaper to get to than Zanzibar.

West Australia
Level Contributor
561 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Where to travel after Livingstone for best beaches?

According to Proflight's timetables/schedules there are direct flights between Livingstone and Lilongwe (Malawi), although the frequency seems to vary from weekly to daily depending on the month / year...

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
173 posts
4. Re: Where to travel after Livingstone for best beaches?

If you've come through Livingstone and Vic Falls and are in Zim and I assume doing your safaris around Hwange National Park, why bother going back to Livingstone? You can get a flight from Vic Falls to Johannesburg and connect to Durban or any where else you fancy along our coast, or carry on to Bulawayo and get a coach to Johannesburg and again connect to anywhere along the coast.

5. Re: Where to travel after Livingstone for best beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2016, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Livingstone