We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time from downtown Livingstone to VFA airport

Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
25 reviews
Time from downtown Livingstone to VFA airport

Hi there,

My FlyAfrica flight got cancelled in August and hence I am flying into Livingstone instead.

I have from 12:30pm on Tuesday from JNB coming into LIV. The next day I am departing at from VFA airport at 4pm to JNB.

Two questions:

(1) I have a partially refundable hotel booked in Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe). Should I still attempt to stay there or just book a hotel in Livingstone?

(2) How long does it take to get to VFA airport from Livingstone downtown? (we will have bags)

Thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Time from downtown Livingstone to VFA airport

According to Google, the distance between Livingstone and VFA is 37 miles.

As to whether you should stay in Livingstone or VF I guess that depends on your purpose for going there but if it were me I would stay by the Falls.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
173 posts
2. Re: Time from downtown Livingstone to VFA airport

My advice, if your already booked into hotel in Vic Falls. Get a taxi to the border, walk across the border, over the bridge, through the Zim border and your there. You don't say which VF hotel you've booked so don't know if you need taxi on Zim side. Also don't know what baggage your carrying, but if you can, the walk should not be missed. Your hotel in VF should arrange transport in time for your flight out.

Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Time from downtown Livingstone to VFA airport

It's near Reynard Road

Do you know if the B&B/Lodge accommodations on the Livingstone side are better?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
173 posts
4. Re: Time from downtown Livingstone to VFA airport

Reynard Road, about 2km further - all uphill. Advise getting a taxi once your through the Zim side. They will be waiting outside. Tourist police on duty there so ask advice if your not sure.

On the Livingstone side all the B&Bs are in Livingstone itself which is 10km away from the falls. All the lodges by the river are upmarket and at night not within walking distance of anywhere.

Vic Falls Town on the Zim side is by the river and there are plenty of options to entertain for a one night as you have.

If your asking about the standard of accommodation there's no difference, you get what you pay for, at African standards.

5. Re: Time from downtown Livingstone to VFA airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2016, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Livingstone