We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tourist Visa per Zambian Embassy site

New Jersey
Level Contributor
246 posts
169 reviews
tourist Visa per Zambian Embassy site

We will be arriving in Livingstone from a connection in Tambo after an int'l flight. The Embassy site writes that one needs to attach 2 passport photos to the application as well as a certified photocopy of one's passport. I also read a copy of one's air ticket and/or itinerary should be included. My travel group rep is saying that is not the case nor do I see anyone else mentioning that these extra items are necessary. I would like to hear from those who recently arrived as to their experience. One of us holds a US passport the other a Japanese ( with Green card). Thank you.

West Australia
Level Contributor
561 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: tourist Visa per Zambian Embassy site

Stonewell

You do not need to have your visa prepared in advance and you do not need 2 photos etc. You just fill out a simple visa entry form (either on the flight from Joburg to Livingstone or in the arrivals hall in Livingstone), hand in that form with your passport and the requisite cash at the immigration counter.... and you are in.

I think that the visa form and requirements on the embassy website are intended for people applying for a permanent residency visa, but the form is so vague that it is confusing.

Short answer... no you don't need the photos etc, and the visa process is very simple and staright forward.

I would advise however that you check the date that they write in the visa stamp in your passport and make sure that it is AFTER your intended departure date. Sometimes they put the wrong date in and you could get stung for a "fine" on departure, for outstaying you visa.

Have a great trip.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
246 posts
169 reviews
2. Re: tourist Visa per Zambian Embassy site

Thank you for clearing this up. It seems in line with what I was told by my travel group coordinator. I did see that someone else also mentioned about the visa date issue so I definitely will keep that in mind when we arrive. Your advice is gratefully appreciated!

3. Re: tourist Visa per Zambian Embassy site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2016, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Livingstone