We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Form for Zambia Visa

Chicago
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Form for Zambia Visa

I am a USA citizen and my wife is a UK citizen. We see that there is an option of obtaining the zambia visit at LVI when we come in from JNB. Is this a long process?

Is the form for the visa application the same as the one posted online by the USA Zambian embassy?

Thought about filling out the form and taking it with us to save time at the airport? Is this needed?

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,860 posts
1. Re: Form for Zambia Visa

Yes you can get a visa on arrival. Last time I arrived (in Lusaka last June) there were no visa forms, I just handed over the money. I don't know if this is a policy change or if they'd just run out of forms. It can't do any harm to take one filled in though.

I can't comment on the queues at Livingstone as I usually arrive at Lusaka.

West Australia
Level Contributor
561 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Form for Zambia Visa

Last time I arrived in Livingstone (July 2014) we were handed visa forms on the SAA flight from Joburg which we filled in before landing. Then just line up, hand over your form and passport for stamping, pay the Visa fee and you are in.

Be warned though, in Livingstone the immigration official stamped some of our parties' passports with a date a couple of days shy of our actual departure date... apparently then when you try to leave they hit you with an on the spot "fine" for out staying your visa. Fortunately we were flying out from Lusaka and the honest immigration official there let us though but warned us next time to double check the date that they write on your visa stamp on arrival and (politely) get them to correct it if wrong.

Edited: 12 May 2015, 16:14
West Australia
Level Contributor
561 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Form for Zambia Visa

Sorry, to answer TransAtlantic's original question: The visa form on arrival is a much more simplified version than the one on the internet (and no photos required).

Chicago
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Form for Zambia Visa

Thanks. Much appreciate the info. And the follow up posting

5. Re: Form for Zambia Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2016, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Livingstone