We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two KAZA visas within 2 weeks

France
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Two KAZA visas within 2 weeks

My itinerary may have me flying into Livingstone, spending a few days there, then 2 weeks in Botswana and then a few more days in Livingstone. Is there any issues with getting the KAZA visa on both entries, i.e. getting the second one while the first one would have still been valid, if not for the trip to Botswana?

1 reply
United States
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Two KAZA visas within 2 weeks

You do not need a Kaza visa if you are only going to Zambia and then going to Botswana for 2 weeks. Get a double entry for Zambia when you land and then after you return from Botswana you will already have your visa to get back into Zambia.

The Kaza visas are for those who want to go to Zimbabwe as well as Zambia and who only plan to do day trips to Botswana.

However,

1. If you are planning to go to Zimbabwe for the part of your trip before Botswana, then get the Kaza when you land in Zambia and after the Botswana portion of your trip you can get a single entry back into Zambia.

2. If you plan to go to Zimbabwe both before and again after visiting Botswana then yes, you will need 2 Kaza visas, 1 for the trip before Botswana and one for the trip after Botswana. Once you stay overnight in Botswana the Kaza visa is no longer valid.

Reply to: Two KAZA visas within 2 weeks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Livingstone