We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaza Univisa

California
Level Contributor
166 posts
175 reviews
Kaza Univisa

We will be entering Zambia through Livingstone airport next month. Does anyone have updated information regarding the current status of the availability of the KAZA UNIVISA stickers at the airport?

26 replies to this topic
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,485 posts
1 review
1. Re: Kaza Univisa

If you read some of the other posts on this forum and the Zim forum it appears to have been re-stocked but who knows if that lasts.

Toronto
Level Contributor
144 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Kaza Univisa

We are arriving Lusaka in three days. Any word on KAZA availability at present?

California
Level Contributor
166 posts
175 reviews
3. Re: Kaza Univisa

We do not arrive at Livingstone until March 25th so you will find out before us regarding the Kaza Univisa stickers. Kindly send a note if you have time and access to the internet.

Toronto
Level Contributor
144 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Kaza Univisa

Tony, we are heading to Livingstone after Lusaka. We will have to buy visas in Lusaka but I will ask around in Livingstone and let you know.

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
55 reviews
5. Re: Kaza Univisa

Hi we are UK passport holders entering Zambia on the 25th March via the Livingstone Airport. Can you confirm that the Kaza Univisa's are on sale on arrival. Also I understand this visa allows unlimited entry into Zambia and Zimbabwa for upto 30days. Cheers.

Toronto
Level Contributor
144 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: Kaza Univisa

Hello folks, we arrived to Lusaka yesterday and Kaza were available. The process was a bit plodding with a lot of scans and manual entry of details but well worth it. Clearing customs took about 1 hr 30 minutes with the last 15 Kaza.

I will let you know what I hear in Livingstone.

Toronto
Level Contributor
144 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: Kaza Univisa

Kaza was available at Livingstone airport.

No idea where you are staying but we stayed at Green Tree Lodge. They have an amazing menu and everything was excellent. It is a $3 cab ride from downtown Livingstone. I had tournados, chicken stroganoff, curry prawns (fantastic), and lamb shank while my wife loved the grilled tilapia. Small restaurant so call first unless you are staying there. Also, drinks on the deck of the Royal Livingstone at sunset are a must.

Philadelphia...
2 posts
8. Re: Kaza Univisa

Is the limited availability literally just limited # of stickers? I keep reading posts about it not being availability and couldn't wrap my head around why.

California
Level Contributor
166 posts
175 reviews
9. Re: Kaza Univisa

As far as I know, the problem is strictly the availability of the sticker the border agent place in your passport. When we entered in March 2018 it was a non-issue, everything when smoothly. The border agents acted as if there is never a problem with availability.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,872 posts
10. Re: Kaza Univisa

When I was in Zimbabwe last year, I heard that there is more to it than just availability of stickers. Apparently it's to do with wrangling over distribution of money from the univisa. So when one side decides they are not making enough money from visas, they mysteriously "run out of stickers", forcing people to buy individual national visas. Then the other side quickly follows so as not to lose out themselves. I don't know how true this is but it sounds plausible to me.

Reply to: Kaza Univisa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Livingstone