We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An october?

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
330 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Hoi An october?

I will be visiting Vietnam I have traveled all over Asia, I am thinking of 3N in Hoi An Oct 24-26, but very concerned that it will be the height of rainy season, I am limited on time and need to press on to Thailand, need advice as I have looked over weather forecasts and it appears my dates are the worst. I will be in Hue 2N before considering heading to Hoi Ann any vets advice.

Thanks

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,650 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoi An october?

Weather is weather unpredictable.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
330 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoi An october?

Did not to to post for that advice,need something from vets...

Spending a lot of money trying to visit trying not to waste time and money

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,650 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoi An october?

wunderground.com/history/…

check for yourself.... some years it rained some it did not. :)

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
75 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoi An october?

YouTube has videos the flooding in hoi an during some years. You could check the dates on these. I think oct will have some rain, but not a reason to forego a visit. Rain in VN can be very atmospheric.

Australia
Level Contributor
384 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoi An october?

We travelled in November last year and had great weather. We don't let rain bother us, still go out and do the things we want to do and have a good time doing it.

Enjoy your trip :-)

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,467 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoi An october?

I would say that Hoi An and Hue are very much worth a visit however, odds are very high that you will get non stop rain at that time. Hue is even heavier hit than Hoi An. If you want a better weather gaurantee, look to other regions of Vietnam. You can find rainfall charts here owee58.com/2011/…

Owee

www.owee58.com

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
330 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoi An october?

good info, might switch plans and go to Nha trang instead, why take chances

Italy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoi An october?

We were there in October and had great weather in Hoi An but it had been terrible 2 days before and there were sandbags along the river as there had been flooding, then we had 1 sunny day in Hue and 1 day of continual rain so who can tell but if you rely on the weather you wouldn't go anywhere, it's a tropical climate so you could get rain anywhere.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hoi An october?

We were there for 4 days early last November, it was a mix of overcast & sun, rained a little, rained a bit more just one day, but it rained a lot more up river, the authorities opened the floodgates, didnt advise towns down stream and the town was flooded.

We were staying riverside and were evacuated a day early cos the 1st level of the hotel was under water.

From what we were told by people back in Saigon, Hue & Nha Trang weather was worse.

Its luck of the draw you get fair weather and then the government authorities can still stuff it up for you.

3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hoi An october?

I'm plannig to stay in Hoi An on the 7th and 8th October.

I'm expecting some rain but a bit afraid of all the talks about the storms and floods... travelfish.org/blogs/…

I would apreciate some help in the "translation" of the foreca forecast for that period - http://www.foreca.com/Vietnam/Hoi_An?tenday

thanks