We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Da nang to Hoi An

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Da nang to Hoi An

Hi all,

I am seeking advice and recommendations for reputable transport from Danang airport to Hoi An and likely costs please. We arrive approx 8pm and happy to take a taxi or bus to our hotel.

Ross

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,700 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Da nang to Hoi An

Ross, this is a very frequently asked question, so if you type 'taxi from Danang to Hoi An' in the forum search box just above your post you will find links to all the information you need, and more.

Knutsford, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Da nang to Hoi An

Ross,

We are just back from Vietnam. We used the services of Mrs Ha (e:mail info@discovervietnam.com.vn) based on the recommendations of trip advisor contributors for the transfer from Danang Airport to our hotel in Hoi An. It cost US$15 and worked well. We also used hte same company for our car transfer from Hoi An to Hue which also worked well.

Alarmed by the reports of taxi scams on the Vietnam forums we prearranged all our airport pick ups usually using the hotel we were staying at send a car for us. It works out more expensive (but not massively so) than a taxi from the airport ranks but we judged it worth it for peace of mind

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Da nang to Hoi An

I also am wondering about the cost of taking a taxi from Da Nang to Hoi An. The hotel I'm staying at charges $15/1 way. Does anyone know if this is a good rate?

Ross, have you checked with your hotel?

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Da nang to Hoi An

$15 for the transfer is a fair price.

Greg

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
61 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Da nang to Hoi An

Very good. We stayed at Palm Garden in Hoi An and they wanted $28! (That said, it's that's my only complaint about the resort--otherwise, amazing!)

That's why we booked with a company (you can search to find my post). If your hotel is saying $15, go for it!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Da nang to Hoi An

I scheduled my pick up with Hoang Trinh Hotel for $15/1 way. Thank you, everyone!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Da nang to Hoi An

If you book hotel in advance in Hoi An, you can arrange airport transfer of hotel. It is so safe that hotel will take care their customer.US$15-20$ are normal rate for taxi or airport transfer from Danang to Hoi An.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Da nang to Hoi An

Are these charges per person or per vehicle

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,231 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Da nang to Hoi An

Should be per vehicle.

London, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Da nang to Hoi An

Hi,

Our hotel quoted $20. We met a guy who quoted $18 and we bluffed and said we were quoted $15, so he dropped to $15 - always barter, you just never know.