We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An - Weather in October

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hoi An - Weather in October

We were thinking about going to Hoi An in first week of October (Golden Sand resort). I understand it is warm, but exactly how warm is it - warm enough for swimming every day??? What can we expect from the weather?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hanoi Vietnam
Level Contributor
963 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoi An - Weather in October

Penny,

Yes you will be able to swim every day (golden sands has a 150m pool next to the beach)

You may get a storm but chances are not high. If you do cafes and bars in the old town make a nice change from the beach

martin

new york
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoi An - Weather in October

i read that october is rainy season. i would like to go then as well.

if you learn anymore about this, i'd be interested

Melbourne
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoi An - Weather in October

October in HoiAn is the rainy season getting into full swing. Been there four times in August and September. On my latest visit in late September 2006 I left 2 days before a major typhoon did severe flooding and damage to the city.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoi An - Weather in October

BTW, it will be warm and muggy and you can swim every day. Beach water wont be very clear if raining or windy.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoi An - Weather in October

I am Hoianian. So I know much about Hoi An :)

october is the rainy season in HoiAn in particular and in Central Land of Vietnam in general. You should not expect much for beach swimming during Oct to Dec.

manchester
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoi An - Weather in October

I'm also thinking about going to Hoi An in October. Is it so rainy that it would spoil sightseeing etc. or is it just not advisable for beach time?

If it's going to be really bad I'll just avoid the central region completely - do you think it's best to stay away?

I'm going to Hanoi, Sapa region and Halong bay and have 3 nights before I fly back from Hanoi - any other ideas for this time of year?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoi An - Weather in October

Very interested in any advice as well. I am planning a trip that would have us in Hoi An at the end of September. Is it still worth going or should I skip the central region entirely?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoi An - Weather in October

Any advice?

Victoria
Level Contributor
179 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hoi An - Weather in October

Hi

I was there in the first week of October last year and the weather was fine, mostly sunny. I think it rained on 1 day (when we did the Red Bridge Cooking School half day course) during the 4 days we were there.

Yes, it was HOT and HUMID and we swum (in the hotel pool) everyday. We stayed at the Vinh Hung Resort, about a 7 min walk from the Old Town. We had clothes made by one of the tailors in the Old Town and even though we were clean and fresh when we left the hotel, we were extremely hot, dirty and sweaty by the time we walked to the tailor's store.

A friend of mine was in Hoi An in October 2007 and said the weather was fine for him too.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hoi An - Weather in October

Penny,

At that time, Hoi An is warm enough to swim every day unless have a storm but rarely !!! Enjoy !!