We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating Vegetarian in Hoi An

D W
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
62 reviews
66 helpful votes
Eating Vegetarian in Hoi An
Save

Visiting Hoi An in August, my wife is vegetarian, I expect food to be great for this but a little concerned how difficult it will be to communicate this and if they are used to catering for this. Appreciate any insight or advice.

Any other general advice also appreciated.

Thanks.

Dean

London, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
654 reviews
159 helpful votes
1. Re: Eating Vegetarian in Hoi An
Save

hoi an is a tourist spot and if you go to a restaurant they will have an english menu, some might have pictures as well and the wait staff will speak some english. side allys or small food stall would be difficult, just point and say yes or no when they make the stuff.

some translated words are

vegetables = rau

vegetarian = ăn chay

eat no meat = không ăn thịt

fruit = trái cây

hth

Seaside, Oregon
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Eating Vegetarian in Hoi An
Save

Hi,

No worry ! In any restaurants in Hoi An they have their own vegetarian menu for you.

Regards,

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
30 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: Eating Vegetarian in Hoi An
Save

Lots of vegetarian options and menus in English with vegetarian section usually.

4. Re: Eating Vegetarian in Hoi An

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2017, 21:09
Dormansland, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
12 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Eating Vegetarian in Hoi An
Save

I'm here now and a strict vegetarian and it's fine. You won't have any problems and there also 2 vegetarian only restaurants. It's quite nice to think you can eat everything off the menu!

D W
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
62 reviews
66 helpful votes
6. Re: Eating Vegetarian in Hoi An
Save

Great thanks, any other tips/advice welcome, we're going in August for the first time.

Dean

Da Lat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
16,606 posts
84 reviews
70 helpful votes
7. Re: Eating Vegetarian in Hoi An
Save

I would go to Ganesh Indian - really excellent food there!

http://www.ganesh.vn/site/ganesh-hoi-an.html

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
168 posts
125 reviews
107 helpful votes
8. Re: Eating Vegetarian in Hoi An
Save

@Futureproof - can you pls let me know the names of these 'veg only' restaurants .. Tia

Dormansland, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
12 reviews
10 helpful votes
9. Re: Eating Vegetarian in Hoi An
Save

Minh Hien Veggie restaurant was really good. It's at 50 Tran Cao Van Street and also AM vegetarian restaurant at 33D Ly Thai To Street.

I know that Morning glory is highly rated but I went there last night and was disappointed with the few veggie options on offer and most of those were sold out.

Jack's cat cafe also has veggie/vegan options which are good for lunch. It's a bit out of town but taxi's are cheap and it's fab if you like cats.

Dormansland, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
12 reviews
10 helpful votes
10. Re: Eating Vegetarian in Hoi An
Save

We also went to Jim's snack bar which is a burger and beer place if you want a change from local food and they do a vegetarian and vegan burger there. The vegan burger I had was really nice.

From tomorrow it opens a new bigger store in Hai Ba Trung.

Get answers to your questions about Hoi An
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.