We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who to use for boat trip and excursion from Gocek?

Melton Mowbray...
Level Contributor
407 posts
287 reviews
Who to use for boat trip and excursion from Gocek?

Hi

I'm looking to book a holiday to Gocek for the beginning of Oct. I'm researching things to do while there.

Two options look good, firstly the 12 island boat trip I have found two operators - Serder Yachting and thisisturkey.net. Can anyone recommend if either one of these is better than the other?

Second trip is the Dalyan to do the mud baths, tombs and turtle beach - i can only see that thisisturkey.net do this.

Prices are reasonable using either one - but would like to know which might be best.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks a lot

Elizabeth

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Who to use for boat trip and excursion from Gocek?

Hi Elizabeth, you don't need to go through any travel agency for the 12 Island boat trip - this is run every day by the Gocek boat cooperative so you just need to go to the front in the morning of the day you want to go and buy a ticket from the man in the 12 Island Trip Coop kiosk. Or stroll down the evening before and find out greater info. This Serder Yachting just looks like one of the typical boats working for the Coop.

If you want to go on a smaller boat (and maybe actually sail...??) I was reading the other day about the Gunay 1 on the Dalyan forum - there is a link to the boat in post 9 below:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…60357979

Regarding a day trip to Dalyan - I have no idea who that "thisisturkey.net " is or where they are based. There is one travel agency I can think of in Gocek that does day trips - it is called Kalimche and is down the main street opposite Tansas supermarket. Alternatively you can easily get a bus to Dalyan (you will probably have to change at Ortaca) and then take a taxi boat (again run by the local Dalyan boat coop) down to Iztuzu beach. You will have a great view of the tombs that are on the other side of the river from the village. If you want to climb up to the tombs, you have to get one of the old ladies to row you over to the other side of the river. For the mud baths, again the local coop do trips (used to be mainly in the late afternoon). If you walk to the river where all the boats are lined up, they have their boards outside telling you what trips are available.

Of course if you have your own hire car, then it is even easier to get to Dalyan. Where are you thinking of staying? If in a private villa, a lot of these are the other side of the main road and you might want to think of hiring a car anyway as it can be a steep hike uphill on the way back from the village!

Something else you could consider doing - is take the little motor boat over to Gocek Island for the day - it is really beautiful there, and there is a little cafe/bar that also organise the beach beds.

Also easy to take the local bus to Fethiye and explain that town - good for shopping, a nice marina, a museum and an ancient theatre that is being worked on.

Have a great holiday!

Melton Mowbray...
Level Contributor
407 posts
287 reviews
2. Re: Who to use for boat trip and excursion from Gocek?

Attagul

Thank you so much for such comprehensive and helpful information. Doing Dalyan independently certainly looks like a viable option. This and the Gocek boat trips sound easy enough to organise when we arrive, as opposed to from the UK. We wanted to have a relaxing holiday, but still have activities planned to stave any boredom!

We haven't booked the holiday yet, we're still looking at alternate options. But if we do book this we're looking at the D resort in Gocek. We've stayed in Kalkan and loved it, my husband has already done Dalyan so we were looking for some winter sun somewhere different.

Thanks so much for taking the time out to provide this info, I really appreciate it.

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Who to use for boat trip and excursion from Gocek?

One advantage of staying at the D Resort is that you have access (free as a guest I believe!) to their private beach - which you can reach by little golf cart!! All part of the fun! Otherwise, the only beach in Gocek is on Gocek Island. Weather beginning of October should be lovely (but having said that a couple of years ago when we were over with a friend on his first ever trip to Turkey - it rained virtually every day!! Fingers crossed it won't be the same this year as we too might be there again then!)

Melton Mowbray...
Level Contributor
407 posts
287 reviews
4. Re: Who to use for boat trip and excursion from Gocek?

Hi Attagul

It sounds like you're a regular visitor! Yes, one of the reasons to go is the good weather, fingers crossed! The D resort with the private beach looks like a winner. More expensive than some of the others I'm sure. Tempted to save money by going elsewhere but D resort looks to give the relaxation, luxury element.

Thanks again - you've been brilliant!

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Who to use for boat trip and excursion from Gocek?

I've just had a look at D Resort on a booking site and - wow - it certainly was very expensive!! Glad to see though that "breakfast included"!! I knew it was expensive - so was never a place I would even consider staying at - 6 times the cost of another place I would! But then I went to Travel Republic and wow! - the costing was far better - 1 week October was the same as the cheaper option referred to above! Didn't think their flight prices were bad either.

(You probably know your way around booking sites - we have always been "independent travellers" and book online our flights and hotels direct - food for thought though what I have just seen today!)

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Who to use for boat trip and excursion from Gocek?

Take a look at the Günay 1. It's the only private real natural wooden sailing gulet in Göcek.

http://turkeygoceksailing.wix.com/gunay1

I don't have any personal experience, but lots of people on the Dalyan forum have used this boat recently and it has been getting very good reviews..

Edited: 11 August 2014, 21:08
Melton Mowbray...
Level Contributor
407 posts
287 reviews
7. Re: Who to use for boat trip and excursion from Gocek?

Attagul - Yes, D Resort is expensive, you're right. Might review TA hotels/B&Bs again before booking. We do normally travel independently and book direct and plan to do the same this time. Good to hear your take on the price though, has made me think twice!

Andrew T - thanks for posting that info, I didn't realise you could get a real gulet from Gocek too, one to look into!

Thanks again both - all your help is very much appreciated, it really goes a long way in helping to plan a good holiday!

Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Who to use for boat trip and excursion from Gocek?

Hi Elizabeth, just returned from Gocek and arranged a 12 Islands boat trip on our final day. We've done boat trips out of Kalkan and Kas previously and have to say that this was by far the best. We arranged it through the cooperative guys on the harbour side and wanted to avoid being crammed onto a large boat. We selected Lila https://www.facebook.com/media/set/… where there is a max of around 25 people. On our day, there were less. The cost was 60TL per person which included lunch (no discounts for children). What a fabulous day we had. The lunch was probably the best meal we had on the holiday. The captain cooks on a charcoal bbq and we had sea bream. If anybody selects this boat, it is worth asking if you can have the table on the top deck. Overall, would definitely recommend this boat!

Melton Mowbray...
Level Contributor
407 posts
287 reviews
9. Re: Who to use for boat trip and excursion from Gocek?

NeilEv

Thanks so much for your recommendation, especially having just arrived back, hot off the press! I'll make a note about the Lila boat and also the dining table on the top deck. Thanks also for reassurance of the coop boats being so good!

Take care

Liz

10. Re: Who to use for boat trip and excursion from Gocek?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 10:57
Get answers to your questions about Gocek
Recent Conversations