We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Turkish Hamman in Gocek

London
Level Contributor
365 posts
104 reviews
Best Turkish Hamman in Gocek

I am going to Gocek with my family in a few weeks and for my Mums 40th birthday we would like to book a really nice spa treatment in a traditional Turkish hamman. Would like a 2hour session with Turkish bath, massage etc

Thanks in advance,

Look forward to hearing from you

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,894 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Best Turkish Hamman in Gocek

The only one I have ever been to is over in Club Marina. It certainly is a very "traditional" hammam - but is neither very large nor luxurious! Normally it is just me and my husband, but I imagine it could take 6 people comfortably - provided you all took turns to sit in the steam room or lay on the hot slab! It is so tranquil over there - when you are chilling out after over a cup of tea you can hear the birds sing - which I just love! You can also get an extra oil massage - but my sister in law did that and it made her feel so relaxed, it really left her quite knocked out for a few days (probably says more about her and the stress she had been under than anything!). I also love taking the little boat over from the pier in Gocek over to Club Marina!

I believe a couple of hotels do spa treatments - yes, check out the D Marin - maybe this is more the thing you are looking for:

http://www.dresortgocek.com.tr/en/d-spa.aspx

The Gocek Lykia hotel also has (had anyway!) a spa -

http://www.goceklykiaresort.com/index_en.php

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Best Turkish Hamman in Gocek

Which is more important - a traditional hamam or a smart spa? Yes, getting the ferry to Club Marina then having a Turkish Bath followed by oil massage is very relaxing. Phone first, though, to make sure everything is already warm when you arrive, and to make sure there isn't a group booked in at the time you want to go (unlikely, but it did happen to us once).

The restaurant in Club Marina has changed hands recently and I'm sure would be able to provide you with a pleasant drink or great meal in lovely surroundings after your Turkish Bath, making it a real treat.

Leicester
Level Contributor
418 posts
211 reviews
3. Re: Best Turkish Hamman in Gocek

Can somebody please provide an email address for the Club Marina and any ideas on cost?

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,894 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Best Turkish Hamman in Gocek

Hi Simon, sorry - can't remember prices. You could try contacting them here and asking:

http://www.kusav.com/gocek/hizmetler_e.asp

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
68 reviews
5. Re: Best Turkish Hamman in Gocek

We paid 60 lira each in June, with an additional 60 for an oil massage. Contact details are on the board by Skopea Marina.

Leicester
Level Contributor
418 posts
211 reviews
6. Re: Best Turkish Hamman in Gocek

Attagul and CJD12

Thank you for info

London
Level Contributor
365 posts
104 reviews
7. Re: Best Turkish Hamman in Gocek

We visited the 'Traditional Hammam' over in the Club Marina and took the ferry ride across..

I agree that it is not large nor luxurious and with 4 of us all having a hamman it was quite a tight squeeze (especially when sat in the steam 'room'!) We just took it in turns to sit on the slab and get massaged.

The massage itself was fantastic but did leave me a bit bruised!! A great experience and i would definitely recommend it.

Afterwards we headed round to the otherside of the Marina to the newly opened Lime Beach Club which was only on its 2nd day of being open! What a gem!! I would definitely return to this bar!!

8. Re: Best Turkish Hamman in Gocek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Gocek
Recent Conversations