We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget sailing turkey

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Budget sailing turkey

Hi

Thinking about a flotilla holiday with the above company, they look good, can't find anyone that's used them, if anyone has can they recommend them or another?

Many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Budget sailing turkey

WE have sailed in Turkey (and Greece and Caribbean) with Sunsail many times and Budget Sailing boats have tied up nearby. Boats were generally small and looked quite elderly, so make enquiries before booking. We recommend Sunsail - although expensive, boats are good, flotilla sailing is well organised and the whole holiday "does what it says in the brochure". Discounts available to RYA members.

Petersfield, United...
1 post
2. Re: Budget sailing turkey

I have been sailing with Budget Sailing and were really good - friendly and the boat we had was tidy and well maintained.

They pretty much have two fleets - smaller/older/cheaper boats that are the budget end of the spectrum - and a handful of larger boats, that appear to be ex-hire boats from the likes of Sunsail. We had one of the bigger ones - which was as good as a sunsail (having used their boats as well).

Would recommend them - and they can help you with your provisioning etc when you get there - and run a minibus to get you to/from the airport.

London, United...
3 posts
3. Re: Budget sailing turkey

Flotilla sailing with Budget Sailing Turkey is not a company event it’s a family gathering of sailors who like sun, fun and adventure.

Naturally, as one of the family group who will embark on our forth Annual Spring Flotilla adventure on the 11th May I am biased. We sail with Wilma, Hasan and Aziz (who are Budget sailing) me and a crew consisting of an Aussies, a Pom and a gorgeous Venezuelan, Wanda and Reni, Dutch couple and a pair of Aussie friends who I introduced to our flotilla family this year. There should be a Turkish couple and some other new faces but we will find that out at the briefing.

Budget’s fleet composition allows them to offer a range of options that enable all sorts of arrangements for their customers. The small fast and fun Aloas offer great sailing to couples whilst the range of bigger boats allow for larger crews or families to participate.

Yes the fleet is not brand new but we have found them clean, well equipped and well serviced and as Wilma and Hasan usually sail with their flotillas the boss is on hand should a problem arise. The close management approach also gives confidence to the flotilla crews and allows flexibility not available to the flotilla leaders of the big companies.

My experience is that the main focus of the bigger companies is on the social side whilst Budget offers a sailor’s flotilla holiday. Over the years we have ranged both east and west along the coast and to the islands far further than would have been likely with anyone else.

Although they do not arrange your flight, they will do everything else and no matter what horrible hour you arrive at Dalaman you will be greeted by the warm smile of Aziz, the third part of Budget’s management.

Finally, what’s in the Budget name? Well for me, great people, a very serviceable boat, great support, an exciting holiday and good value for money. I can recommend them!

For UK contact mail me Mike H c/o info@sailaquarius.org.uk

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
4. Re: Budget sailing turkey

I sailed with budget sailing last year and am going back again this year skippering my own vessel. There are many companies around the world. Relationship and reliability are important components of A GOOD holiday. Budget sailing have good vessels available, clean, serviced appropriately and reliable. They are a good team and will look after you. I can reommend Budget Sailing. I also plan to return in 2014 with my sisters to Gocek and will use Budget Sailing.

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
5. Re: Budget sailing turkey

I sailed Turkey last year with Budget Sailing first time. Had a lots of fun and a great sail as part of a flotilla. We did 66hrs logged in 13 days. The vessel was clean, reliable and well prepared for our holiday. I am going back to Gocek again this year skippering my own vessel and planning 2014 with my sisters on board. Relationship and reliability of not only the vessel but the hire company are important components of a GOOD holiday. I can recommend Budget Sailing. Have a chat to Wilma, Hasan or Aziz about your needs for a budget sailing holiday in Turkey.

London, United...
1 post
6. Re: Budget sailing turkey

I will shortly be sailing again for the 4th year running with Budget Sailing in their Spring flotilla. I had previously sailed with a different company in Greece, but we wanted to see Turkey, and we certainly have adventured to many places with Budget sailing. My first impression when I walked on to our boat for our first holiday was how clean and tidy the boat was, which is very welcoming after a long flight and late arrival. We were regaled with Turkish coffee and biscuits before being taken to our boat to collapse into our beds!! On the following morning, having recovered from our journey, we were welcomed in the office (more Turkish coffee and biscuits) and given information about Gocek and the area we were to sail in. This has been the pattern in the following years, and we now feel part of the Budget "family".

Budgets boats are not shiny and new but are well kept, well equipped, and comfortable, and the owners go out of their way to make sure their guests have everything they need. If something goes wrong, they are soon there to fix it, and all seasoned sailors know that sailing almost always presents gremlins of one kind or another!!

Hasan and Wilma are very knowledgeable about Turkey (Hasan is Turkish) and very competent sailors willing to take the time to patiently explain things to a novice like me when necessary. Aziz, Hasan's brother, is the 3rd partner in the company and equally helpful and knowledgeable. Impromtu lessons in the Turkish language, so that purchasing things like butter and milk and not ending up with something that looks like the product but isn't, are invaluable and often end with us all laughing at some unexpected mistake with the language. Budget's enthusiasm and welcome are something which cannot easily be found when booking a holiday with a large company.

Apart from flotilla sailing, we have also done a little bareboat sailing with Budget, and have really enjoyed the experience.

I can recommend Budget for a sailing holiday with confidence that you will enjoy the experience very much.

London, United...
3 posts
7. Re: Budget sailing turkey

Noting the last post, the Budget Annual Spring Flotilla is due to way anchor on the 12th May. This year the notional route is Westwards towards Rhodes, Symi perhaps Tilos (to see the elephant fossils) and back along the Turkish coast over two weeks. Naturally all depending on the weather. Although I am not sure about the availability of boats, I am sure anyone keen to make the trip would be welcome so move quickly!

On the other hand bare boating in and around the Gulf of Fethiye makes a great sailing holiday. There are many islands and inlets, lots to see and places to go with great sailing most afternoons. Fethiye has a wonderful farmer's market on Friday morning and a Thursday night fish supper in the Fish Market is a very nice prelude to the market visit. As well Gocek has a fine farmers market on Sunday's and all the fakes are genuine. Google Earth is a useful way to see all the places available in the Gulf and every Budget boat has Rod Heikell's a Turkish Pilot and GPS so finding the various anchorages is fairly easy.

Cheers or as they say in Turkey Şerefe

dublin
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
8. Re: Budget sailing turkey

We went on a flotilla holiday with Budget Sailing also. It was a wonderful week, lovely boat, good sailing and good company. Hassan sailed with us and he was a great flotilla leader making sure that we all had a social and enjoyable time. It truly felt like we were his guests and that he took a personal interest in making sure everything went well.

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
9. Re: Budget sailing turkey

We have rented a bareboat this September and were very happy with both the boat and the great service provided by Budget Sailing. Their approach is very relaxed and laid back, but at the same time they're 24 hours available and very supportive if you need their help in solving a problem. They're also very pro-active in their service. For example, on Friday afternoon when we returned to the Cogek Turk Marin harbour the boats of a Sunsailing flotilla we're blocking entrance to the harbour and its fuel station. Aziz, the Budgetsailing manager, came out in a dinghy, jumped on board and guided us to the nearest fuel station, thus saving us a long wait in the queue (and more time for a beer..).

As mentioned by others our boat was a bit older then some of the others in the harbour, but it was well equipped and maintained. Like someone mentions above, we believe that relationship and reliability are important components of a good sailing holiday and would recommend Budgetsailing in this regard.

Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
28 posts
10. Re: Budget sailing turkey

Kayaking trips on the bays and islands north-western part of the Gulf of Fethiyskogo, 10 - 31 September.

…kiev.ua/2013/…

Get answers to your questions about Gocek
Recent Conversations