We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freshly caught and cooked fish sandwich

Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Freshly caught and cooked fish sandwich

There used to be an elderly gentleman in fethiye harbour who cooked fresh fish on his boat

Lovely simple fish sandwiches and chips

Does anyone know if he’s still there

Went last year found the boat but it was closed

Disappointed

8 replies to this topic
Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,799 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Freshly caught and cooked fish sandwich

It seems Popeye's boat crew have moved to a permanent cafe elsewhere in Fethiye - the area called Dispanser (where there are a number of other Turkish street food places). Read all about it here in the excellent turkey's for Life blogsite - great for all sorts of info about Fethiye and nearby area!

turkeysforlife.com/2018/02/fish-sandwich-kir…

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
136 reviews
2. Re: Freshly caught and cooked fish sandwich

Thats a great read Attagul, am sure CF mentioned these yesterday on a different forum; I have never been to them before, maybe try to find their new small cafe?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
324 reviews
3. Re: Freshly caught and cooked fish sandwich

I love that area. It reminds me of the old Turkey, long gone from Fethiye

manchester
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
103 reviews
4. Re: Freshly caught and cooked fish sandwich

Littleredevil where abouts is this area. Can't remember. I lived in Fethiye forty years ago and loved all the locantas where umbrella Street is. Went back five years ago to the sight of Mcdonalds Burger King and Dominoes yuk.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
136 reviews
5. Re: Freshly caught and cooked fish sandwich

I believe the couple of small boats that are no more are now as follow's Hogmail -

This is the tale of how we came to be regulars at Kırçiçeği Cafe in Fethiye’s Dispanser. An unassuming little place that, in another time and another place, we might well wander past without giving it so much as a second glance…

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
324 reviews
6. Re: Freshly caught and cooked fish sandwich

Hogmail know exactly how you feel.

We started going to the area in the 80's, and loved it so much we eventually bought in Fethiye.

The Fethiye then was an amazing place wasn't it.

I remember Olu when the first hotel was built.

It was just a corner of paradise.

Have been all over Turkey but I wouldn't go back now.

That are is the street around where the cinema is.

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,799 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Freshly caught and cooked fish sandwich

Dispanser Cad. is in the "new" (ie probably about 5 years old by now!) "pedestrianised area" in Fethiye. Starting from the main dolmus stop by the mosque, cross over and turn Left and walk down the main road Ataturk Cad. It is around here where you have the cinema, and thenyou pass the telephone shops, and Optik shops..... Take the 2nd main road off to the right - around about the Deniz bank - and you will be sort of at the back of the cultural centre and walking parallel to the Kordon. Lots of cafes down Dispanser and on the roads off to the right. At one time there was a red carpet - but I imagine that has gone now! Hope this helps you find it!

manchester
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
103 reviews
8. Re: Freshly caught and cooked fish sandwich

Thanks very much Attagul will try and find it.

Reply to: Freshly caught and cooked fish sandwich
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye