We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion ideas and prices

Northampton
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Excursion ideas and prices

Hi, I will be staying in Cesme (Piril Hotel) for 2 weeks from October 3rd. I have looked at , well, have tried to look at, excursions but am finding it hard to locate any.

Can anyone help me please with excursion ideas and prices. I would like to visit Ephesus, and really anywhere else that may be worthwhile. I don't have any specific interests, but always like to explore a little of the country I am visiting.

I am also aware of a boat trip to Greece - has anyone done this and can you do it as a foot passenger or would it be recommended to hire a car for going into Greece?

Thankyou x

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursion ideas and prices

Thomas Cook will certainly offer a range of excursions from the Pırıl Hotel but I have no idea of prices. I will try and get hold of a list and if successful let you know.

They will certainly include a day trip to Ephesus, the single most tourist attraction in the whole of Turkey You should definitely include a visit on your itinerary.

They may well also offer a day trip to the Greek island of Chios just an hour's ferry trip away - or you can book yourself here: www.erturk.com.tr/index.asp…

It's a lovely island with picturesque villages but if you decide on a trip, I suggest you leave Chios Town behind on arrival (busy with hundreds of scooters and motor bikes) and get a local bus or negotiate a few hours by taxi.

I hope to get back to you but if, in the meantime, I can help with more information please let me know.

Northampton
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursion ideas and prices

Thankyou dande, that helps me. I have just checked out erturk and the price seems really good.

We like the idea of Pamukkale and also the Cave of Zeus but are these easy to get to independantly or are there trips organised there also? You have opened a can of worms now... haha! xx

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursion ideas and prices

Hello again Shirl. Sorry not to have got back to you before now but we have been away for a few days and I have to admit missing your latest post. Apologies.

Pamukkale would be an overnight trip from Çeşme , a journey of around 200 miles.each way.

If Thomas Cook don't offer an excursion there (I haven't forgotten to check their programme if possible), Simay Turizm in the town may well arrange one. They are located in a row of shops/offices just past the Castle as you leave the town square: http://www.simayturizm.com/indexen.php

The Cave of Zeus is located 30 km (19 miles) south of in the Güzelçamlı district on the edge of the National Park. You would need your own transport to get there but you could, of course, consider combining it with a trip to Ephesus.

According to legend, "when Zeus provoked and annoyed his brother Poseidon, he used to hide in this cave to rest. While Poseidon, Greek god of the sea, made the seas rise, Zeus hid from his bad temper and wrath in the calm waters of this cave'' .

So much to see, so little time, eh Shirl!

Northampton
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursion ideas and prices

Hey again dande,

thanks for the information, I can;t see any tours on the simay website so have emailed them.

I don't mind an overnighter because we could use the time to see other things we want to in that part of Turkey.

Oooh exciting, it all looks so beautiful! You are right, so much and yet so little time. Looks like I will be returning. lol

x

5. Re: Excursion ideas and prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Cesme