We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sultana bar

Blackpool, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sultana bar

many years ago i visited cesme and had a wondeful time there. I am hoping to relive some memories there again this year and can't wait to show my children the area. I have some wonderful memories of a traditional turkish bar called sultana and wondered if it was still there.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sultana bar

Hello Sam. Yes I, too, remember the Sultana Bar but I have a feeling it is no longer there. I have been in the UK for a few weeks (including Blackpool!) but return to Çeşme tomorrow.

I will check and let you know.

Blackpool, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: sultana bar

Thanks for that. Hope you enjoyed the wet and cold weather over here. Did it make a pleasant change! ha ha

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sultana bar

No, believe it or not we didn't enjoy the appalling weather during our seven weeks in the UK! We couldn't believe all the rain and cool temperatures in June and July. We are now back home to a Turkish heatwave!

Sorry for the delay in reporting back but we returned to Turkey with two young grandchildren and it's been beach, beach and more beaches!

Bad news for you, though. Sultana Bar is no longer there. In fact there has been some serious redevelopment in the street and the space once occupied by the Bar is now a local Cafe and shop spaces with apartments above.

However, I am sure you will discover new places to enjoy your holiday evenings. Do let me know if I can help with any further information.

Blackpool, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sultana bar

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I am disappointed that the sultana bar has gone, but still more than excited at going back to cesme and not only for the heat.

There seems to have been some major changes since 1998 when I was last there, so I can't wait to check it all out.

Thanks again

5. Re: sultana bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2013, 19:16