We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook pull out of Cesme

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
thomas cook pull out of Cesme

tried to book the piril hotel once again for next may, and was told by thomas cook they are not selling holidays to cesme next year.

i cant seem to find any other companies selling the piril either.

so it looks like i will be booking another resort.

i feel with thomas cook pulling out of cesme this will hit the town quite hard next year.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomas cook pull out of Cesme

Hello todder. You not coming to Çeşme this year? Unthinkable!

Although Thomas Cook have pulled out of hotels here, they are still flying regularly to İzmir from a number of UK airports. So many people these days are booking their Turkish (and other) holidays direct with airlines and hotels.

Why not consider this option? Have a look at:

http://www.flythomascook.com/Search.aspx

I know you'd be missed in Çeşme.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomas cook pull out of Cesme

i really want to come back next may, Ibo is going to look for an apartment for me to stay next year.

thomas cook have now told me they may re-introduce cesme back into their program but i wont hold my breath.

i will miss cesme so much if i dont get back next year.

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
201 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomas cook pull out of Cesme

Why not make independent arrangements? There are so many hotels available which don't feature in the UK tour operators' brochures and flights to Izmir can be picked up inexpensively. I looked into renting a villa but there is practically nothing available in Çeşme so a hotel seems to be the way to go.

Northampton
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomas cook pull out of Cesme

Hi, I have just tonight booked 2 weeks at the Piril in October 2012 via Thomas Cook. So it seems if they had pulled out, they have gone back in. x

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomas cook pull out of Cesme

Yes, Thomas Cook are still selling holidays in Çeşme this year and I have just discovered they are still offering the Pırıl Hotel in 2013 on a all-inclusive basis.

The Pırıl is a well-established hotel which receives consistently good reviews. I am sure you will enjoy your holiday in our lovely town.

6. Re: thomas cook pull out of Cesme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 19:18