We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The viking star

Which Kemer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dundee
Level Contributor
347 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
The viking star

I'm going to Kemer with my 6 year old daughter in sept at viking star hotel.I was wondering if there much to do for kids in Kemer? Any good excursions/water parks..etc. Whats the beaches like there?

Any tips appreciated as first time turky traveller

Thanks

Karl

dundee
Level Contributor
347 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The viking star

Did you hear that there was small explosion at Kemer beach yesterday...that is scary!!

aberdeen
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: The viking star

Yes my son came charging downstairs saying he had spoken to someone with connections to the hotel. I googled it and it said it was the viking beach and that it was possibly a hand grenade and probably placed by a Kurd. I then checked the FCO and it mentions both explosions (one in Konyaalti on Friday 26th) but states as yet the cause is unknown. I would imagine that the beach security has now been upgraded and certainly the hotel had plenty security guards anyway. If you are worried stick to the hotel the pool is lovely anyway. Shame things like this happen when we are all excited and raring to go but I'm sure it will be a one off.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: The viking star

Hi Pepperbunny

I am also from Aberdeen and looking to go to the Viking Star at the end of this month. As I am travelling with my teenage daughter!! could you tell me if there is free wifi in the rooms. Also on the hotel website, it states a lot of things don't start until May, so just wondering if the facilities on offer will be ok? Any other tips/advice you could give would be much appreciated.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: The viking star

Hi spentafortune

We went to Viking Star in July so it was busy but we had also been to Beldibi about 5/6 miles away on 2nd April. At that time it was quiteish but there were still trips available to go on. Some of the boat trips were subject to weather conditions as it can sometimes get a bit windy that early on. I am sure you will find something to amuse and entertain both you and your daughter. The hotel itself has entertainment most evenings and always the kids clubs during the day. We managed a dip in the sea in April but the outdoor pool at the hotel was just to cold for all but the really hardy lol. Drop the hotel an e mail asking what will definately be available. They are extremely helpful and only too willing to please. What date you flying? My daughter is flying on the 29th from Glasgow to Antalya then on to Kemer. If you would like to know anything else just ask away.. And a group of us are going back to Viking Star in July .... thats how much we enjoyed it.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: The viking star

PS

there is free wi fi in the rooms but it can be slow.. We found that at certain parts of the hotel we picked up the hotel next doors wi fi and it worked better.

16. Re: The viking star

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 19:22
Get answers to your questions about Kemer