We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer Antalya - Kas, best alternative?

Fredrikstad
6 posts
Transfer Antalya - Kas, best alternative?

Hi!

I'm from Norway and we are going to Kas in the end of june. We're landing at Antalya Airport in the evening 21. of june. We are two adults and two kids (5 - 7 yrs).

Our goal is to find the easiest and fastest way from the airport to Kas - without paying too much.

* Taxi? (is 250 lira, each way, too expensive?)

* Car rental? (we don't really need the car in Kas)

* Minibus?

* Asking/paying for seats on an ordinary transfer bus (if any and possible)?

* Other alternatives?

I'm sorry for asking a question that most likely is answered before, but the prices are different each year?

Best regards from Norway :o)

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
1. Re: Transfer Antalya - Kas, best alternative?

Hi Jadda,

Since you are landing at Antalya Airport in the evening, I would highly recommand you to have a transfer organized for you to come to Kas.

I am sure your hotel in Kas can organize your transfer. If not, I can help you as I live in Kas.

Usually, the price is 80 € for the transfer from Antalya airport to Kas (for one car).

I would not recommand you to take a taxi as I heard from people that they charge much more than if you have your transfer organized in advance.

You can always rent a car but if you don't want to keep the car while you're in Kas, there is no point to hire a car and drive for 3 hours after a tiring journey in the plane.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think that the last minibus from Antalya bus station to Kas is at 18.30, so this is not an option. Plus, it might be very tiring with 2 kids (with the minibus, the journey takes about 4 hours, plus the shuttle from the airport to Antalya bus station)

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Transfer Antalya - Kas, best alternative?

In my opinion..the best and fastest way will be to orgainize a transfer with the hotel you are staying at..and no... most likely wont be that cheap either..it is a long distance from the Antalya airport..

Airport Antalya - Kas : 200 km ( about 3 hours )

A car rental might be sometimes to look into and ask about drop off fess..you might be able to rent in Antalya then drive to Kas..keep the car for just a couple of days to use to make trips outside of Kas and then arrange with the car rental company that they will pick it up..however with the cost of gas/fuel these days ..still the trasfer might be the most easiest..

You can get to Kas by bus..but when do you arrive in Antalya airport ??...because the last bus from the Antalya BUS station will leave about 8 or 8:30pm..

Also be prepared for a long bus ride with 2 young children..most likey it will take about 4 hrs with the bus..

Other alternative would be to book your first night ( arrival evening ) in Antalya or someplace alot nearer..then you can take the bus re-freshed the next day..

I still think that a private transfer is the best best....where are you staying ??? in Kas

hopefully someone in Kas can offer some advise...regarding transfers etc..

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Transfer Antalya - Kas, best alternative?

missvoyages.....Oh we must have been posting at the same time ...great advise !!!!!!!!!! and I agree..

Fredrikstad
6 posts
4. Re: Transfer Antalya - Kas, best alternative?

Wow! Two replies in just minutes? That's fast :o) Thanks!

We're landing at AYT 16:45pm (21. of june (saturday)not as late as I thought it was)

I have my family in Kas, they're moved there from Marmaris last year. I guessed that other opinions was in place since they might not know all the alternatives. But you all seem to agree on the same alternative. Then organized travel it will be! I will let my mom arrange it with the hotell. (I've not decided wich hotel yet. I will get prices and pictures by mail later today).

Thanks a lot for fast answers!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Transfer Antalya - Kas, best alternative?

good luch and have a nice holiday...you might want to check out the Hideaway hotel in Kas..I myself have not stayed there personally but I have had amny of my own guests stay there and they were very happy with the accommodations and service..

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: Transfer Antalya - Kas, best alternative?

ps..check out the reviews for the hotels in Kas and you will notice that the Hideaway is #3 on the list..

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g297965-Kas_Turkish_M…

Fredrikstad
6 posts
7. Re: Transfer Antalya - Kas, best alternative?

I've booked in to the Medusa Hotel. Today its only three days to departure :o)

Thank you for the responses.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Transfer Antalya - Kas, best alternative?

If the Medusa cannot arrange your transfer then there are several good, reliable companies that you could use.

Andifli and Tunahan are probably the best.

The only word of warning I have is that it seems that the world and his dog are arriving in Kas on the 21st!!, so you may have problems getting a transfer so close to your arrival date.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: Transfer Antalya - Kas, best alternative?

have a great trip :=))

Kiev
1 post
10. Re: Transfer Antalya - Kas, best alternative?

Hi!

we're arriving on August, 16 to Antalia.

Can we arrange our transfer from the airport to Kas with one of you? There are 2 of us, so one car is more than enough..

Hope very much for your support.

Thank you!

Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations