We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish food

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
14 reviews
Turkish food

Hi

Me and Mum are booked up for May 2015 and we can't wait! We're staying at the Elixir Hotel! We have travelled to various places in Turkey but it will be our first time in Kalkan.

One of our favourite things about our travels to Turkey is the wonderful traditional FOOOD!!!

Please can you recommend some Kalkan restaurants that serve traditional Turkish food (my faves include mezzes and slow-cooked Turkish Lamb anything!!!)

We're not too fussy about fancy linen and silver service, etc. I understand that there are some posher places in Kalkan and whilst we may enjoy a drink on an evening there, we're perfectly happy to dine with the locals down a back street, etc! But a happy medium somewhere inbetween would be ideal :-)

So far we only have Cafe Vita on our list of must-visits, possibly for the BBQ night on a Weds! I look forward to your recommendations!

Thank you x

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
1 review
1. Re: Turkish food

Hi Hayley Kalkan is all about the lovely restaurants cafe vita is only mins away from elixir hotel cheap food but very good you must try some of the roof top restaurants for the ( magical experience ) lot cheaper than eating out in a top restaurant in the uk ! All do mezzes and slow cooked turkish lamb have a look at cafe del mar for drinks ! Small house restaurant - begonvil cafe -cafe Leon -adam's place he will pick you up ! Also Isos kitchen - hunker ocakbasi - our home - hope this helps (if you like fish you must go to korsan fish terrace ) enjoy !!!!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Turkish food

I have to say, eating delicious food on one of the numerous roof top restaurants, overlooking the stunning harbour and the twinkling lights of the town, is very special. If you are lucky enough to be there listening to the call to prayer and your as soft as me then you too may get a tear in your eye!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
637 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Turkish food

Well there's about 150 restaurants in the Kalkan area. If you divide them roughly into 50 cheap Turkish eateries with lovely simple Turkish food but probably no view and a simple atmosphere, 50 medium priced places that may be a bit more up market in décor or view but with lovely local food and then 50 up market places with great views, ambiance and food of an international standard but half the price of the UK you will be hard pushed to choose where to eat in a two week holiday and even more so in a 7 day holiday. We have many repeat guests to our apartment and they all say they are torn between eating in places they know they love and trying somewhere new but rarely are disappointed by the meal they have had. Each visit (10 years visiting 3 times a year, 3 weeks each time) we love to eat across the whole range as each group have something different to offer and each visit we always try to eat in a few places we haven't visited before, sometimes we don't understand why we have passed them by every year and we know there are still dozens of places we haven't ever eaten at). To eat a few meals Hayley in the more up market restaurants won't break the bank as it isn't a massive difference to the cheaper places but may give you a great experience. I'm sure you'll both love it.

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
760 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Turkish food

Loveretirment all I can say is +1

every visit the must try list gets longer!! 7-14 or 21 days is just not enough... hence why 'no one visits Kalkan just once'

Edited: 20 February 2015, 10:22
Birmingham
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Turkish food

Hi Hayley,

You are certainly going to the right place - the food is the best we've had in the med! We personally avoid the 'rooftop' and main front restaurants as whilst they are beautiful they are pricey and small portions.

There are loads of great Turkish restaurants. I think your hotel is on the kalamar rd which is great for eating out, quieter than the town and well priced.

café Vita is excellent and the buffet night is great fun and great value!

We're on our third trip in May and we've never had a bad meal - just try a different one every night and enjoy every mouthful :-)

Claire

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
114 reviews
6. Re: Turkish food

Hi

Oz Adana is great for traditional Turkish food. It is "no frills" and doesn't serve alcohol but such good value and the staff are very welcoming.

PP

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Turkish food

Hi

Great, thanks - I'll check out Oz Adana now!! Sounds just up our street! X

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Turkish food

Oz Adana has officially been added to the list :) thanks for the recommendation! X

9. Re: Turkish food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2016, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations