We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage weight?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Luggage weight?

We're travelling from Gatwick tomorrow with Thomas Cook. Do they weigh all the luggage together or is it each item has to be 20kg. Don't want to have to repack everything in the middle of the airport!!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,466 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage weight?

Hi Suzy

You can combine the weight say for 3 people and so as long as your 3 cases do not exceed your total allowance your fine.

We are flying today and had packed but added stuff and just on the borderline so had to take stuff out. We got stung for £24 last Easter and I brought loads of clean stuff home !!!

Apparantly they are weighing hand luggage to now.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage weight?

Thanks for that! Will make life a bit easier!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage weight?

We are travelling from birmingham airport on sunday.

Is the hand luggage allowance on thomas cook flights 5kg?

preston
Level Contributor
48 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage weight?

Yes it is only 5kg...we are flying with them from Manchester on Sunday. Have a great holiday!!

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage weight?

usually there are per piece maximums on most airlines also. i remember something like 25 or 27 kilos per piece for economy, but you should check

Manchester
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage weight?

I was under the impression infants luggage with Thomas cook to royal wings was same as adult allowance but just been informed it's only 10k!!

Not a problem I just put wipes and nappies in my bags, but saying that.

I've only got 10k in my bag and less in my sons, baby's bag only weighing 5k so far!! What am I missing? Haha!!

7. Re: Luggage weight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2013, 20:23