We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late October Weather & Transfer Times

Bo'ness, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Late October Weather & Transfer Times

Hi Folks,

I've never been to Turkey before but considering a holiday in the Antalya area. Firstly can anyone tell me what the weather will be like in late October? I am not too fussed about it being roasting hot but day time temps of 25+ would be good. Is the weather still decent at this time of year?

Also, I've no idea which resort to go to yet but looking at Antalya, Lara or Belek. I have a 3 year old so not wanting to have a long transfer from the airport to the resort on arrival. Can anyone give me a rough estimated transfer time for each resort?

Thanks in advance...

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
506 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Belek
Belek
Serik District, Turkey
8 replies to this topic
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
743 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late October Weather & Transfer Times

The weather in October should be around the mid 20's, we have been several times at the end of October and find the temperatures to be perfect, it does cool down during the evening though. The sea temperature is good too.

Transfers to the Lara Beach area take around 10/15 minutes, to Belek about 30/40 minutes and to Side about 45 minutes.

Lara Beach and Belek are sort of 'man made' resorts whereas Side has bucket loads of history in the old town plus a superb promenade from the hotels along the beach. All resorts mentioned have fantastic hotels which would suit your family.

Mentioned in this post
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
506 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Belek
Belek
Serik District, Turkey
Bo'ness, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late October Weather & Transfer Times

Thanks for the quick reply - this is really helpful.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
980 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late October Weather & Transfer Times

Yes the Antalya region is 'one month hotter' than you would expect from the Med. October is like September in Southern Spain. Remember also that the resorts of Antalya are winter sun destinations. The winter only really lasts about six weeks centred on February and even then there is plenty of sunshine between the rain. The climate stats averages hide how warm the sun is when it shines.

I too would advocate Side. If you are travelling all the way to Turkey, you might as well travel the extra 15 minutes to a place full of history, shopping, nightlife and great beaches rather than the hotel-centric Lara Beach and Belek.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Spain
Spain
Europe
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
506 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Belek
Belek
Serik District, Turkey
Bo'ness, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late October Weather & Transfer Times

Thanks for this. Really useful to know. I hadn't consider Side as I thought it might be too long a transfer but will now consider this resort too. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late October Weather & Transfer Times

Fraser I don’t know what you class as a long transfer, but Side is 55 miles from the airport and would take at least an hour, dependant on private or shared transfer.

Mentioned in this post
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
980 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late October Weather & Transfer Times

The recent improvements to the highway have shaved off a few minutes - The Kadriye roundabout has gone, there are fewer traffic lights, there is now an overpass through Serik, etc... We made airport to Side La Grande in Kumkoy in March in precisely 45 minutes, 2nd stop. It should not take an hour to central Side now even on a shared transfer.

Mentioned in this post
Kadriye
Kadriye
Belek, Turkey
Serik
Serik
Serik District, Turkey
La Grande Resort & Spa
La Grande Resort & Spa
330 Reviews
Side, Turkey
Kumkoy
Kumkoy
Serik District, Turkey
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
743 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late October Weather & Transfer Times

I agree Tim, it took us 45 mins from Acanthus & Cennet to the airport in April on a transfer coach. The roads are much better than they used to be.

Derbshire
Level Contributor
268 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late October Weather & Transfer Times

We have been to Lara Beach twice in October and will be going back again same time this year. We go away Mid Oct and return just before Nov - The temps range from about 22 - 30 during the day and on the night time they were dropping down to 15 so a jumper / cardigan will be needed. Transfer time from the airport to Lara Beach in Antalya just 20 mins so ideal with a young family..

Mentioned in this post
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
506 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Reply to: Late October Weather & Transfer Times
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted