We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping / Lara shopping complex tips

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Shopping / Lara shopping complex tips

Hello everyone - quick question....

Like most ladies my wife loves to do a bit of retail therapy and I wont lie I also like to have a shop around too, i was wondering if any of you regular Turkey visitors have any tips for buying and briging back some goods mainly clothing, handbags, purses and so on.

I was just thinking to myself and weighing what would be the best option (legally obviously) for us to do a days shopping and bring it home safe and sound.

We have allocated 2 suitcases with our airline so I was even considering if it would be a good idea & worth me adding a 3rd case to fill with any goods we did buy, (good idea?)

Reason I ask also is we are booked to stay at the Limak Lara and we are aware of the retail shops across the way - has anyone shopped in these complexes and are they worth venturing out for?

- again any tips or recommendations as always would be truly appreciated. We don’t really want to be venturing to far as we have 2 children also with us who hate coming shopping at home never mind in 30’ heat it wouldn’t be faire on them,

we visited the market a good few years ago didn’t really get much apart from stack the most comfortable fake designer boxer shorts I’ve ever put on lol!!

Regards

Mark.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
476 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
4 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping / Lara shopping complex tips

Been to turkey a few times (bodrum not Lara) and brought home several handbags and purses each time (like 3 bags and a few purses). I have never had issues getting these into the UK.

However, I'd spread your purchases amongst your luggage and don't buy too much. If you fill an extra suitcase with lots of fake bags, purses you are asking to be stopped (they will think you are a re-seller importing conterfeight goods to sell on which is illegal) and risk confiscation.

Mentioned in this post
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
476 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
727 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping / Lara shopping complex tips

There are a number of small shopping malls on the Lara Beach strip. Some are quite expensive and will not barter with the price whereas others will certainly reduce the original price. You need to be prepared with a reasonable price of what you want to pay for an item and stick to it.

Personally I would not be spending too much of my holiday in the shops when you have a wonderful 5 star hotel to enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
476 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
844 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping / Lara shopping complex tips

Just be aware of the Primark price of everything, as the quality is similar, and don't pay more - no matter what the opening gambit is. Just because they ask €100 does not mean it is even worth €10. Know the price!

Lara Beach is not great for shopping. It is only for the tourists staying in the 5-star hotels. Head off to Antalya though and the World is your Oyster.

Mentioned in this post
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
476 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping / Lara shopping complex tips

Cheers all for your time & great advice,

I think we might not bother then after reading and having a discussion, like you say - do we really want to lose half a day of our holiday. Answers no,

I think my wife has a case full of Pri-Marni as it is lol!

Cheers again mark

Reply to: Shopping / Lara shopping complex tips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted