We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barut Lara Question

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Barut Lara Question

Hi, We have booked to go to the Barut Lara in July.

My question is do they actually enforce the long trousers rule?

I haven't taken a pair of long trousers on holiday with me for 6 years, and really don't want to start now, but if its needed I will for the a la carte restaurants.

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
21,047 posts
184 reviews
1. Re: Barut Lara Question

The Barut chain usually enforces this for à la cartes; we've stayed in 3 of the sister hotels.

If you want to double check, you can email the hotel or, look to the bottom of all their Tripadvisor reviews; there's the facility to pose the question there & hopefully, management will reply. They answer in respect of the sister hotels.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Barut Lara Question

Ok thanks, guess we better pack some just in case then.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
16,139 posts
133 reviews
3. Re: Barut Lara Question

Hi Scott

Some are outside so your fine in proper shorts. Best to have long trousers for the nice indoor Restaurants.

You can always nip to your room and put shorts on after the meal !

Great hotel we have been 8 times plus had a one night stay in October. We plan to return to see the changes.

Looking great since they renovated some internal areas in January.

Barut Lara is a great hotel and so many dining options !

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Barut Lara Question

Cant say for certain because I've not stayed but I've never been to a hotel yet where they inforced the rule either in the buffet or a al cartes even tho they all have that rule and quite frankly it's a stupid rule I think as long as they are smart shorts and polo/ shirt

I have had a look at the pictures for the barut Lara and there are men wearing shorts in the a al cartes and the buffet

But I agree with toady take a pair of trousers just in case

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
16,139 posts
133 reviews
5. Re: Barut Lara Question

We were at the Delphin Palace at Easter about 11/ 12 years ago and someone we met had travelled in hugg boots and only had open toe flip flop type footwear with her and she wasn't allowed in the buffet wearing those. So hugg boots it was !

Not worth taking the chance and one pair of trousers isn't going to take much room in the case.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Barut Lara Question

Thanks everyone, I will take a pair of jeans with me just in case

Reply to: Barut Lara Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted