We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Antalya

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 day in Antalya

Hi everyone

We've been to Istanbul many times and we love it. We'll be there again soon but our schedule will allow us to do a quick 1 day (wish could do more ) trip to Antalya.

We're a conservative Muslim family with children who are not really interested in the beach/bar/club scene. Could someone recommend an itinerary encompassing some of the cultural, scenic and religious aspects of this beautiful city? I know 1 day won't do justice, but that's all we have.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
12 replies to this topic
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
8,871 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 1 day in Antalya

ancient 64 I lived and worked in Antalya for 8 years so I think I know the area and as for 'neighbourhoods' I am not sure how you presume I have not been there. Which ones were you thinking of in particular?

I felt it was only fair to warn the OP that there are people dressed less modestly as that was his original question. I have seen sights that made me double take and on a regular basis.

This is nothing to do with judging others but a statement of fact. There are beaches and people are on holiday so dress accordingly.

I seem to think you don't understand the original question which was whether there would be scantily dressed people in Antalya and by your admission YES there may be and probably will be especially in the heat of summer.

Mike sensibly makes some suggestions of other destinations for the OP.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,687 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 1 day in Antalya

I really can't imagine doing a day trip to Antalya with my family. That just doesn't sound very fun. Of all the places in Turkey, you're more likely to see people dressing freely in Antalya (or any other seaside city/town popular with foreign tourists). And long may that continue. If that will bother you, choose somewhere else.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Reply to: 1 day in Antalya
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted