We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfall Tours

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
183 reviews
Waterfall Tours

Hi I am visiting Antalya for 6 nights in June as part of my 3 week trip to Turkey.

The waterfalls look so beautiful and I was wondering if there are any tours that just go to the waterfalls instead of other places.

I would love to see Manavgat, Kurnsulu and anymore that are nice, especially if there are any you can swim in.

I can't seem to find any tours that go to waterfalls only.

If not are these places easily reached by buses or taxis etc?

How far are the main waterfall sites away from Antalya?

I am staying at the WOW Kremlin Hotel.

8 replies to this topic
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,819 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Waterfall Tours

The lower Düden falls are easily reached by bus from the Lara Beach hotels. The LC07 passes Düden Park on the way into Kaleici and the centre of Antalya. To the Upper Düden falls you would have to get this bus to Mark Antalya (big shopping mall in the centre of Antalya) then the CV17 or 17A, VC 56 to the falls.

You could talk to a taxi driver to arrange a trip price to Kursunlu from Lara Beach - they will give a return price including waiting times.

To be honest the Manavgat falls are nowhere near as picturesque etc as the others - more like a huge weir than waterfalls.

Antalya Province...
Level Contributor
540 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Waterfall Tours

Travel agencies are arranging tours to the falls here in Antalya. If you want to visit all of them, the best option would be a private tour due to the distance and timing. Upper Düden Falls is quite far from Antalya center and it takes 1 hour at least to get there by bus depending the traffic and due to your hotel location. Your hotel is not at the center fo the city. You never know how long will you be waiting at the bus stop to catch the next bus there. If you plan to visit all of them by public bus in a same day, this will not be possible. Manavgat is 50 km from Antalya and it is a river not a real fall! You need to contact a travel agency to visit 3 falls (Upper,lower Düden Falls and Kurşunlu Nature Park) or you will need 2 days if you plan to use public bus.

nottingham
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Waterfall Tours

We visited both upper and lower duden falls last year, the lower one is easy to get to as the local bus passes it on the way into Antalya.

The upper falls we went to by taxi, from Kaleici, It was quite cheap, the driver offered to wait for us but, we declined and got a taxi back to the hotel from the taxi rank at upper duden falls.

There is a bus to the upper falls but I thought it was easier just to get a taxi.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,987 posts
184 reviews
4. Re: Waterfall Tours

Kurşunlu is 1 of our favourite places. It's very different from Düden, which is equally lovely, in its own way. We often spend most of a day walking at Kurşunlu.

Manavgat Falls is really not worth your effort on this trip. It truly is a large weir.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Waterfall Tours

Me and the cook walked from Manavgat to the Manavgat 'Waterfalls' this morning, 3 miles each way. I'm glad we went for the exercise, but the spectacle was a waste of time. Only 6TL each to get in though, so not a big dent in the finances.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,819 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Waterfall Tours

Hmmm Ancient you look familiar from your profile picture... I'm sure you were a tour guide before offering price tours to Antalya sites such as waterfalls. Did you not also get others to promote your business as well?

I sincerely hope you are keeping within posting guidelines this time around.

Antalya Province...
Level Contributor
540 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Waterfall Tours

Vip Family,

Hmmm. They are not others but people who replied the related questions and adviced. I know this was not what you want to hear. We all know that you do not like someone who reccommend a guide or a travel agency. You do not need to bother yourself thinking who I am. Thank you for reminding the guideline. I hope you try to give genuine, accurate and biased advices on Antalya. Because I will be replying the posts and giving my own advices. For peronal comments, try private messaging. By the way, I do not arrange tours to waterfalls. I hope this will not make you upset again.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,819 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: Waterfall Tours

Not upset at all. Just wondering why the new username?

Reply to: Waterfall Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted