We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Konyaalti Beach under construction?

Solihull, United...
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
85 reviews
63 helpful votes
Konyaalti Beach under construction?

Just read a worrying review of Hotel SU, that implies there is major work along the whole of Konyaalti Beach, closing it off until summer this year.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReview…

I have flight booked to come again in June, and in October this year, but haven't booked hotels yet.

Wondering if anyone can firstly confirm how accurate the comments in that review are - the whole beach and area around it is closed and noisy all the way through to summer?

And secondly, confirm if any of this work will still be going on in the first 2 weeks of June, and if it will start again in October?

If so, I may need to look at hotels elsewhere in Antalya.

Thanks.

21 replies to this topic
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
10,872 posts
29 reviews
102 helpful votes
1. Re: Konyaalti Beach under construction?

I had a bit of a mooch around and found that the Beach Park area is under construction. As I remember there was a fire there a few years ago and a lot of storm damage. It did really need a revamp. Stretches of the road have been closed since 5th January (from mini city to Sea Life Hotel).

No 'finish' date has been given in the reports I have read.

I have messaged a friend living there to find out if they know what is going on. I'm awaiting a reply ;o)

Solihull, United...
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
85 reviews
63 helpful votes
2. Re: Konyaalti Beach under construction?

Thanks for checking.

I'm holding off booking a hotel for now.

Antalya Province...
Level Contributor
520 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Konyaalti Beach under construction?

The landscaping work here at Konyaaltı Beach is planning to be completed until June and may be earlier. The work is conducted by Antalya Municipality and they want to finish the whole work before summer season. This is reported in local Newspapers in Turkish.

Edited: 20 February 2018, 06:55
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
10,872 posts
29 reviews
102 helpful votes
4. Re: Konyaalti Beach under construction?

Hi Asif

Just had a reply from my friend and it seems at the moment the whole of Konyaalti beach is undergoing work. Now there is hope this will be completed by June but personally I would maybe look at an alternative hotel for June. It's your holiday and it's a risk I wouldn't want to take given how busy lives are and how precious that makes holidays. It may be that the work is finished but with everything there of course can be unforeseen delays. You can at least look at the situation in June and decide for your October holiday then.

Solihull, United...
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
85 reviews
63 helpful votes
5. Re: Konyaalti Beach under construction?

Thanks for getting this checked out for me.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
10,872 posts
29 reviews
102 helpful votes
6. Re: Konyaalti Beach under construction?

You're welcome, just sorry it took a while to get a reply to you.

Solihull, United...
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
85 reviews
63 helpful votes
7. Re: Konyaalti Beach under construction?

Contacted Hotel Su who advised that access to their beach will be restored on 15th June.

I'm not sure if they mean the entire Konyaalti Beach or just the bit that is owned by this hotel.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
10,872 posts
29 reviews
102 helpful votes
8. Re: Konyaalti Beach under construction?

It also depends on their definition of access! Could be that the work is completed or they hope to have a clear pathway to a bit of beach!

1 post
2 reviews
9. Re: Konyaalti Beach under construction?

Yes it's closed booked a hotel across the road from the beach unfortunately it's all closed off with construction. Nearest is Antartuk beach or Lara Beach.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
10,872 posts
29 reviews
102 helpful votes
10. Re: Konyaalti Beach under construction?

The nearest beach area is at Sarisu - you don't need to go as far as Lara :o)

The sea road along the beach is closed and traffic diverted.

Reply to: Konyaalti Beach under construction?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted