We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help...which hotel

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help...which hotel

We are a family of 5,children

ages 2, 10 and 14. We are looking at last week of june.

We have narrowed it down to Royal Holiday Palace, limak atlantis, paloma oceana or Aska lara

Any pros and cons?

8 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help...which hotel

I've only been to the Paloma Oceana out of the hotels you have shortlisted, but I would recommend it.

It is in a great location, situated in Kumkoy, just 6km from Side Old town. It's right on Side beach which is the second longest in Turkey, and has shops, bars etc right outside its doors. If you like to get out and about it's probably in the best location of the hotels you've picked.

The Limak Atlantis is in Belek, and the other 2 are in Lara beach, both these areas being mainly AI hotels so not much other than tourist shops around outside the hotel. Whereas Side has a lovely harbour, bars, restaurants and beautiful ancient ruins of Apollos temple and the amphitheater and is a lovely place to visit even if you're staying AI.

Belek has the advantage of golf courses if that's your thing, and Lara Beach is the closest to Antalya airport if you want a really short transfer. (Lara is about 25 mins, Belek 40 mins, Side 50 mins.) Of the 4 the only one not on the beach is the Aska lara, but it does have a regular shuttle.

We were at the Oceana 2 years ago with kids then aged 9 & 12 and we all loved it. We have been to 3 Paloma hotels and this was our favourite of them, and we came very close to booking again for next summer.

The 2 bedroom/2 bathroom family rooms are lovely, food was very good and we enjoyed the entertainment.

Here's the link to my review that might be of help....

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReview…

Happy to answer any questions,

Em

Edited: 26 October 2017, 08:29
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help...which hotel

Thank you that is really helpful.

My partner has asked me to look at green palace, alhambra palace and Barut Lara also

Theres just so many.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help...which hotel

Ha ha yes...there are soooo many fantastic hotels to choose from!

If you list your main requirements like kids clubs, beach front, family rooms, branded drinks etc, I'm sure you'll have lots of replies to help you narrow down your choice.

Is this your first trip to Turkey or just the Antalya area?

Em

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help...which hotel

Just to Antalya area, a friend recommended it.

I think the main priority is things to keep the kids entertained,somewhwre we can enjoy a nice drink, nice food and preferably beach front.

Not a lot at ask for really haha

We usually travel around on our holidays so the AI concept is a little alien to us

Edited: 26 October 2017, 19:20
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,495 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help...which hotel

Hi Nik

We are currently at the IC Green Residence but have full use of the Green Palace.

It is having a new children's club for next year. It is a really good value for money hotel with some of the nicest grounds and lots of pool areas. There are swans and ducks in a pond and huge fish. Lots of attractive outdoor seating areas off the buffet In summer they have great professional shows. It has a great section of beach with lots of sunbeds and shades a nice beach bar. There is a pier which is still open even now. We like the pool bar which has waiter service. There are a decent selection of international drinks and you get ruffles offered and there is an help yourself ice cream fridge. They have a game centre which is not free. It is in a less built up area of Lara Beach.

We had one night on Saturday at the Barut Lara - it was always our sons favourite hotel and they have a great teen club and he always met up with others there - many of the same ones each April. They now have a nice small children's water play area and there is a great play area on the beach now. There was a foam party which was very popular. Lots of eating options and all the A la Cartes are free and the BBQ one near the beach is great. There are kids clubs for each age group. We enjoyed the Royal Holiday Palace but prefer hotels with great outside spaces which the Barut Lara also has. First hotel on the strip and not hemmed in like some of the hotels. Great wifi at both the Barut and Green Palace even at the beach it is very good.

Yes so much choice but check each hotels concept as some hotels do not offer as much as others.

Enjoy the research!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help...which hotel

The AI hotels that you're looking at are all huge, with a choice or bars, restaurants and snack bars so you can still have a very varied holiday eating somewhere different almost every night, without ever leaving the hotel. But if you do think you'd like to get out and about and explore as well, I would definitely recommend Side as an area as you can have the best of both worlds with a wonderful AI hotel and a town to explore. It is our favourite area for that reason.

As well as the Oceana and Alhambra, have a look at the Voyage Sorgun (I wrote a review if you're interested.)

Another hotel in the Side area that is often recommended for families is the Royal Dragon, might be worth a look. So much choice even just in that area!

We're off to the Barut Hemera next summer which is on the promenade at Side, not stayed there before but really looking forward to it.

Em

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help...which hotel

Thank you all so much, i think the front runners are barut Lara and aska lara, taking some trip advisor reviews into account. Ive shown the 2 older children and they are impressed with those ...they would like a beach and plenty of daytime and pool activities.

The more i look the more hotels im finding!

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help...which hotel

Not to add to even more hotels but have you looked at the sueno delux and also Kaya palazzo Belek ?

I've been to the paloma oceana and it's a nice hotel but personally it's no where near as good as the sueno or Kaya

Reply to: Help...which hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted