We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Antalya safe?

1 post
Save Topic
Is Antalya safe?

Me my daughter my uncle his girlfriend there kids and my best friend kids her and husband are all going antalya aska Lara spa and hotel is it safe? Do u think I should go or just leave it and go Spain and is it full off tourists

8 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
320 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Antalya safe?

Is Spain any safer? Nowhere is 100% safe these days, but we have been going to Turkey nearly every year for well over 20 years & have always felt safer there than at home. There have not been any troubles in the resorts, it's hundreds of miles away. We're flying to Antalya in June,hiring a car, staying in Cirali for a few days then travelling around for the rest of the holiday.

Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Antalya safe?

Hi YES Antalya is safe we have been going now for the past 6 years & have never had any worry about safety while out & about & we go among the Turkish people to the local markets so please do not worry just enjoy your holiday. we have been told that there is secret police about We were there among the crowds when the elections were in full swing 2 weeks ago we saw or heard of no problems. At the airports the security is good which i would rather it be like that. & if i am honest i would say with all the problems around the world Turkey is one of the safest places to be.

Lancashire, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Antalya safe?

Glad to know it's safe as myself & my girlfriend are thinking of going this August. Are there plenty of English holidaying in that area too, or just mainly Russians?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Antalya safe?

Antalya attracts tourists from many countries. Some hotels are more popular with Brits than others, but in my experience there’s usually a selection of both western and Eastern Europeans, lots of Turkish, as well as some Brits and some from the Middle East. If you choose a hotel provided by the larger tour companies, like Thomas Cook or Thompson’s you’ll probably find more British tourists, but it can vary from one week to another. Personally I like a good mix of Nationalites and have had no problems with English being both understood by staff and used in the entertainment along with other languages.

Both Jet2 and Thomas Cook have increased their holidays to the area this year due to demand, so there may even be more British there this summer.

Moss, Norway
Level Contributor
404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Antalya safe?

I feel safer on the Antalya coast than than in my home country Norway.. There are tourist from all over the world on the Antalya coast.. Lots of Scandinavian, brits, germans...

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,403 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Antalya safe?

We've been going twice yearly since 2012 & sporadically before. We've even hitched a ride, with Turk & his wife, after getting lost, whilst out walking. I wouldn't do that in certain countries & would be hesitant in my home town.

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
3,378 posts
579 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Antalya safe?

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Antalya safe?

*****Me my daughter my uncle his girlfriend there kids and my best friend kids her and husband are all going antalya aska Lara spa and hotel is it safe?*****

It would be a lot safer if you took your nephew, your grandma, your third cousin twice removed, your neighbor, his pet cat, the cat's uncle and the postman with you.

Reply to: Is Antalya safe?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question