We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort

Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Topic
Best resort

My friend and are looking at holidaying in this area. We have been to Turkey before but not this part. We are mainly history/culture buffs but like a bit of everything (and I do love to shop in Turkey!). I was wondering what would be the best resort for us? Clearly Side looks the most obvious in terms of historical sites, but would we be better to visit there or be based there?

Any advice appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort

I think Side would be ideal for you if you like the historical sites. It's a lovely harbour town with plenty of bars, restaurants and shops, as well as the amphitheater and Apollos temple, and has a nice friendly vibe. There is also a market once a week. There are hotels there of all types, from 5* AIs to small B&Bs, so something to suit all tastes. There are also plenty of boat trips available from the harbour as well as other excursions.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
7,738 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort

Depends how many sites you wish to visit! If Side plus maybe Perge and Aspendos are enough then Side is an ideal base.

If a beach is not so important to you then Kaleici, the old town, in the centre of Antalya is worth considering. Being more central you can easily get to several places not travelling much more than an hour - Side, Aspendos, Perge, Phaselis, Olympos, Termessos, Karain Cave. Further is Demre/Myra. If you did choose this option it would be worth considering hiring a car for a few days to explore.

Reply to: Best resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question