We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Overstay by One Day

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
253 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Overstay by One Day

My sister has just noticed that her visa stamp runs out the day before her plane is due to depart for Oz. (She thought a month was 30 days when she booked by forgot that Feb is a short month) Has anyone had recent experience of Immigration? I am here on a 60 day visa so there are no problems for me but my sister does not know if it is worth paying the Visa Extension Fee which is possible at the Phuket Immigration Office. I seem to remember that it is about 3000 Baht but i would be also grateful for this information. I read in another thread that the overstay fine is 500 Baht per day which would make more sense as it would also save us a trip to Phuket but i wonder if there are any risks with this. I would appreciate posts about anyone's experience.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Visa Overstay by One Day

Go to immigration office, you'll get 7 days extension for 1900 Baht and 1/2 passport photos.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Visa Overstay by One Day

What did your sister end up doing? As we are in the same predicament.

Regards,

Kaitlyn

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Visa Overstay by One Day

Just wondering what your sister ended up doing, as we are in the same predicament.

Regards,

Kaitlyn

24. Re: Visa Overstay by One Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 19:17