We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiter end of Patong?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
54 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Quiter end of Patong?

Is there such a thing as a 'quieter end' of Patong? And if so- which end?!

We are looking at staying in Phuket in July for 6 nights, I know there are lots of opinions about Patong, but we rather enjoy the hustle & bustle, busy-ness of these types of areas but is there a part of Patong (on the beach) that is slightly further from the main hub?

Also - are there any nice romantic areas in Phuket - maybe to stay in for the last couple of nights of our stay?

We've never been to Thailand before so any info would be much appreciated.

TIA

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
789 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiter end of Patong?

I have stayed at Amari Coral at the Southern end of Patong and found it most enjoyable, don't take any notice of the comments about the stairs. There are elevators to each level and I make my way around the resort without using any stairs. For a romantic stay you could try Mom Tri's Villa Royale in Kata or perhaps a Jacuzzi room at Cape Sienna Kamala. For Villa style the Villas or Studio Apartments at Villa Elisabeth in Kata are hard to beat. The Racha on Koh Racha Yai is a good option for an Island interlude and is a very romantic setting with very friendly, professional staff and not for from Chalong. Hope this helps.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiter end of Patong?

Novotel end and Amari Coral ends both seem quiet. We would often take walks along the south end and wished we had stayed there!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
534 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiter end of Patong?

The above are true, more choice to the north, we stayed at the Diamond Cliff (next to Novotel) a couple of times, just over the hill, appreciated the quiet. From there it's a 20 minute walk to where it gets busy

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiter end of Patong?

quiet with an easy stroll to Bangla

http://www.seaviewphuket.com/

Melbourne
Level Contributor
54 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiter end of Patong?

Thanks all for your replies :-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiter end of Patong?

we stay at the Ibis near gracelands close to beach and only a 20 min (if you don't window shop to Bangla road etc

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,915 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiter end of Patong?

The northern end of Patong is much nicer, no comparision to the southern end, just my opinion though. It is easier to walk along the beach road end, the footpaths are not full of vendors and people standing around blocking the paths who refuse to move out the way lol.

We stay at Swiss Palm Beach Hotel which is next to Gracelands and it is 10 min walk to Bangla or 15 mins to Jungceylon (without stopping) so you are not in the thick of things but still have plenty of restaurants around etc etc.

For a nice romantic stay at the end of your holiday Mom Tri's Villa Royale at Kata Noi is just beautiful, there are photos of the Beach Wing Suites and Ocean Wing Suites on my links below.

http://tinyurl.com/47lf44t

http://tinyurl.com/87q9ajy

They have fantastic 2 night promotions on during July as well which includes dinner at their award winning restaurant Mom Tri's Kitchen, a bottle of wine, transfers etc etc.

Cathy

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiter end of Patong?

Yep I am with Cathy, I think the North end is a bit nicer and Quiter than the soth End. The beach is nicer and cleaner at the north end. Lots of hotel Choices.

Michelle

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quiter end of Patong?

another vote for north end

IMO the beach is the nicest part of Patong beach and everything is not so much 'in your face' as down the south end, some good dining options north end too

where Amari is located (far south end) is nice but as you get to the bottom of the hill and walk down past Patong Merlin it's crazy :-/

we love the north end :-)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
54 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quiter end of Patong?

Thanks so much for your opinions - but now I'm so confused!! haha

After researching hotels, I liked the look of the Holiday Inn Busakorn Wing - but that hotel is located in the South (or is that location not too bad?)!

Are you guys able to suggest some hotels in the North? ;-)

Cheers