We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fish pedicres

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
fish pedicres

Am dying to try a fish pedicure when I am in Patong in July. Walked past a place last year but was not too keen on the idea.

Now I think i am up for it. Any recomendations for which one to go to and also how much does it cost ?

I can't remember where the place was last time.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fish pedicres

There are lots at Jungceylon, outside in the square there are some that do 20min 199bhat, and in the basement of JC is a good one 300bhat 30 min

we also went to a good one in a little shop on the beach road opposite Findig (shoe/bag shop) I had the foot pedicure and hubby had the full body one.....you won't get me in that one YUK! they have all the brochures on the 'real' DR Fish which they are meant to be using, make sure they are not piranha fish LOL

but you will find them everywhere now, try it it's good :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fish pedicres

Ha ha

Yes I did think about the fish being piranha.!

When you say your hubbie had the full body one.... you don't mean with the fish do you.? I"d befrightened of what they were going to nibble at !!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fish pedicres

LOL yes with the fish, you keep your undies or bathers on though OMG no way will i do it, but we got a good laugh out of it :-)

when we were back at the hotel he had his shower and called out "there's a dead fish in my undies" joking! but guess who bit?.....hook, line and sinker, he said you should have seen the look on my face hahaha

it's ok they don't get into your undies haha (if they did there would be more blokes in there and no need for Bangla Rd LOL)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fish pedicres

Ooh, that's something I will have to try!

Perth
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fish pedicres

I'm going to be daring LOL.. and do the fish pedicure this time round. I have a lovely calous they can have a chew on. Don't know about the full body one mmmm sounds a bit to ticklish for me. They are all over the place we have about 4 places near where we are staying. Alisa

Perth
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fish pedicres

Mossy

can you recommend a good massage place my husband has a pinched nerve in his shoulder/armpit area. Hasn't said much about it until now only because it's becoming worse. can you help please. Alisa

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fish pedicres

Alisa

well i can't help personally....don't know how to cure pinch nerves haha

we stay at north end Patong behind Graceland resort, and use a great massage place on the side street just past Swiss Palm toward the beach, the girls there are great 300bhat

also basement in Jungceylon are great too

lots around and pretty much al of them are good

2 years ago i had tendanitus and a small spur on my left shoulder, couldn't lift my arm at all, they were about to send me for cortizone shots here and physio didn't help, so i waited as we were going to Phuket, and my massage girls cured me haha

I don't know what they done, and it took a few massages (it bloody hurt too at first) no pain no gain! but one day she was doing my masssage and kept going back to the sore spot, the girls were talking between themselves (looks like they were discussing it) anyway i didn't feel anything at the time but from that day on i could lift my arm and it's still good to this day, i think she may have broken the spur off?? don't know? all i know is whatever she done it worked... thanks girls :-) and for 300bhat a go way cheaper than physio

Not saying it will work for your hubby but hope it does, good luck

Perth
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fish pedicres

Thanks Mossy

we will check-out those massage girls near Swiss Palm, we stay not far from there. Alisa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fish pedicres

That was a good laugh mossy043. I too would have loved to see your face 1

Ilve a good laugh haha

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,835 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: fish pedicres

I have always been put off the fish spas after reading on a Malaysian forum a few years ago about a girl who said her boyfriend loved the full body fish spas as he had a lot of pimples on his back and the fish nibbled them away. Made me feel sick thinking of what those fish had in their mouths lol.

Then I start thinking about people with tinea etc so there is no way my feet are going in the same tank hahaha.

Heres some more info.

cnngo.com/bangkok/play/nibble-thailands-fish…

Cathy