We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket Weddings

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Phuket Weddings

Hey all.

To those of you who have had their wedding (or are having their wedding) in Phuket...............a few questions.

1) recommendation for the best place to get married (resort or chapel)?

2) Were you leagally married in Thailand or did you get married at your registry before hand?

3) What were the costs? (is that a rude question, sorry if it is)

4) How many guests did you have?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,781 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Phuket Weddings

Self promotion/advertising is against TA guidelines. Sorry. Someone else report please.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Phuket Weddings

Hi I am looking at getting married in Phuket. We are really keen for the Laguna White Chapel but need to find a reception. I was thinking maybe somewhere in Patong or near there so we are right in all the action.

I am unsure if I should use a wedding planner? The Laguna White Chapel organises everything for the ceremony and when I spoke to them they said if I go through a hotel they usually have dedicated wedding planners there to organise the reception so it may be a waist to get a wedding planner. Although I am unsure if it would just be easier paying a wedding planner then trying to organise everything with different people even if they will just be organising the reception & accommodation.. do you think it's worth it? Need all the help I can get!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Phuket Weddings

Hi everyone,

My hubby and I were in Phuket back in 2009 and were looking at options of planning our wedding over there & met with a couple of wedding planners.

Amy, we looked at the Laguna White Chapel....Amazing & beautiful, the wedding planner there gave us a info booklet on arrival which had everything we needed to know & we also got to meet/play with one of the baby elephants you can have for photos.

I can't remember what the prices were like but the place was gorgeous.

We also looked at Katathani & met with the wedding planner there, I can't remember her name but i believe she is still working there. If you want a garden/outdoor setting, the gardens of Katathani are perfect. We actually stayed at the hotel for the last 2 weeks and everything from start-finish was amazing (cant say the same for the first hotel we stayed at)

I no someone that got married at Katathani & the set up was beautiful.

I would definetly recommend a wedding planner, as they have all the contacts & can help take the stress off in the lead up.

Just make sure you do get all the legal documents sorted first or you may find out the marriage is not "legal" back in australia.

All the best.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Phuket Weddings

Hi Amy,

we got married in November last year & i can say definitely get a wedding planner, they take all the stress off you & allow you to have a stress free wedding, good luck & congrats

Vinny

MELBOURNE
Level Contributor
48 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Phuket Weddings

Hi there, we are traveling to Phuket in September with our 2 kids and would like to marry. We want something special but don't want to spend a fortune for 1/2 hour ceremony for just the four of us. Any suggestions. Who did u use. We have been talking to noi at Phuket discovery.

Perth, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Phuket Weddings

My wife and I got married at the Holiday Inn September 2008.

We had 55 guests fly over for the event and I am not sure of the total bill in the end but it would have been about 3x more back in Australia.

The food was amazing, the function room great size for reception. I would definitely recommend checking the Holiday Inn out as an option.

San Francisco
2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Phuket Weddings

“For anyone looking to plan their wedding in Thailand, I would like to pass on my recommendations.

Amongst other wedding organisers, I was referred to Sarah at www.siamweddingco.com, through a family friend based in Thailand. After speaking with Sarah, I was really impressed, as she took the time to really understand what we wanted from our wedding day. She has years of event planning experience from the UK and Europe and has a Thai partner and team to support her. There is no fear of anything being lost in translation, which gave me total peace-of-mind. Her knowledge on Thailand and the culture, wedding planning and her past experience were reassuring enough for me, but what really made a mark was her friendly approach, with openness and honesty.

Unfortunately I encountered a battle of wills with my family who were based in Thailand, so didn’t get the opportunity to work with Sarah. I wish I’d found her sooner.”

Thanks Sarah.

18. Re: Phuket Weddings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 07:19