We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuk Tuk

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Tuk Tuk

Hi what would I be looking at paying from holiday inn to Phuket zoo and return traveling by tuk tuk

Thanks Graham

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
556 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuk Tuk

Hi,I think it would be cheaper and more comfortable hiring a driver with a air con-car.Not quiet sure of a price but you would get a 1/2 day tour or full day tour with the zoo included.Hope this helps plenty of well respected drivers on the forum.We found a great driver Bundy who works out of the car park at the beach across the road from the Patong Merlin.

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuk Tuk

Went last year from Patong Beach Hotel to the zoo in a Tuk Tuk, cost was 400 baht return trip, the driver was ready waiting at the alloted time. Was a hot day so just took a bottle of water, not too uncomfortable and better for taking photos than a car.

Steve

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuk Tuk

dont forget to factor in , the enterance fee to the zoo , its "farang price"

not thai price

youll also see animals in cages that are far too small tigers ect

this can be upsetting for some folk

when i went there there was a myna bird that was trapped inside a small cage with no door , it talked in thai

if i had a pair of wire cutters i def would have let it loose i imagined that thai,s loved all animals , being bhuddists , this is a myth as far as im concerned

the zoo is no longer on my list of things to do

it was the first and the last time ill ever go there

Edited: 12 December 2010, 07:49
Patong, Thailand
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuk Tuk

I would take a driver for the day, might even be cheaper than a round trip tuk tuk to the zoo. Is a lot more safe and you get air con, if you want to take some photo just ask the driver to pull over for a minute......

Jeris Bay
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuk Tuk

Hi We hired a driver for the day for 2000 baht , we went everywhere from 9am till 630 pm we didnt go to the zoo as we did not wish to see captive animals instead we saw the wildlife in the wild with out knowledgable driver , we saw beautiful fish baby elephant sea eagles iguanas and even monkey , none were in cages so it was a beautiful experiance , Ide also like to give a mention to the Orchid farm it was breathtakingly beautiful

cheers

Patong, Thailand
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuk Tuk

I would go for the thing "Kizz27" mention, and i'm sure you can get a driver even cheaper than 2000 THB. There are many beautiful thing to see, Big Buddha, Wat Chalong or Phromthep Cape that are free of charge. And there are places where you can see wild monkeys as well. Forget about the zoo, it's pretty expensive as well. Hire a driver a day instead......

australia
Level Contributor
253 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuk Tuk

Fumes from tuk tuks/other vehicles will make you sick if you're travelling for a long period of time. Get an air con taxi. Tuk tuks are just a novelty - just use them to get around the local area when you can't be bothered walking. And I agree with Kizz27, who wants to see animals locked in cages? By visiting the zoo you are justifying it.

Edited: 14 December 2010, 12:15
Perth
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuk Tuk

Whilst I agree a van or car with air conditioning is more comfy I prefer the atmosphere and experience of seeing the Islan in a tuk tuk. It's just so much fun & I think you see more. The open air gives you enough breeze its not hot. We did a day tour with 6 of us all crammed in 3 on each side sure we weren't the comfiest but boy were we happy :D don't ask how much we paid or who we used tho... I can't remember!

Queensland...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tuk Tuk

Why don't you hire a car for the day or longer, go where you want to, stay as long as you like. I always hire one never had a problem.

Hervey

10. Re: Tuk Tuk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2011, 14:40