We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MTC Legacy River Kwai

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
MTC Legacy River Kwai

Anyone ever stay at this hotel? It is a time-share through RCI. What is it like?

singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: MTC Legacy River Kwai

Hi renorunner,

When are you checking in to MTC legacy River Kwai? I am going too in Jan 07.

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MTC Legacy River Kwai

I am going on Jan 20-27th. We are going to be doing some traveling with my mother-in-law and brother-in-law. This week in Kanchanaburi, we will probably only be with them 3 days, though.

singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: MTC Legacy River Kwai

I will be there from 01/01/07 to 05/01/07. Maybe when i am back i will keep you update. So how are you going to from the airport? I still have not decide yet. Taking bus.. very common. Train? Timing very rush.

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MTC Legacy River Kwai

thongchai,

That is an incredibly short trip. Are you anywhere near there? We are traveling from the US, so it takes a whole day to get to Thailand. When you get back, please let me know what it was like. Obviously, I have already confirmed my reservation, so we have to stay there, but at least if I know what to expect, I can have less disappointment. We are likely going to take the bus.

singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: MTC Legacy River Kwai

Hi Renorunner,

I am back from Kanchanaburi. It is really hard for me and my wife as post New Year bombing in Bangkok. Despite that we still proceed. Just that instead of taking a bus from Mo Chit, we took a cab from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Kan and it cost us 2000Baht and it is about 2.5hrs. We depart on 1/1/07, so basically most flight to BKK was delay, mine too.

We reach Kan about 5.30pm, after checking in we have our dinner in the resort with live band performing. The food is nice and cheap. There are many so call 'hut' forming the resort, it is so huge that they have transport to transport you from point A to point B. Example from resort lobby to your room or to the swimming pool or sport centre, it is just a call away by dialing '0'.

Right now the weather there in the morning is cool, wonderful. But it is very hot in the afternoon.

On my second day i took up the 1 day tour. We left the resort on the mini bus to War Cemetery, The Bridge at the River Kwai, Jeath war museum, monkey school and carpon cave.

Please don't expect too much of the resort as it is a 3 star resort.

I will be back .

ET,

India
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: MTC Legacy River Kwai

Hello Tongchai

i am scheduled to visit this resort in the third week of feb. could you please help me with how to go about the tours in kanchanaburi.

how many days do u thing is worth spending at this destination.

with regards

prashant

Scotland
Level Contributor
324 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MTC Legacy River Kwai

Hi

Noticed that you have stayed at the Legacy in Kan. We have already booked for a hotel which turns out to be way out of town but Sawadee have offered to re-book us elsewhere, Not much accom left now!

How did you get on with Legacy? Huts? are they nice / quiet?

Is easy enough to go into town in the evenings or is the hotel a nice enough place to hang around in the evenings?

Is it possible to do some of the sights independently from the hotel?

We have details of a driver in the Nam Tok area but this is far away from Legacy I think.

Thanks

8. Re: MTC Legacy River Kwai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 17:19