We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

floods

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
floods

Going to stay at river kwai on 18th Oct 2011 for 2 days are roads from Bangkok ok plus stay at River Kwai

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: floods

Many main highways are experiencing flooding including some parts of Nakhon Pathom province which is en route. I'm not sure about exact locations or how bad it is. Its not been mentioned much on news reports so I'm guessing it may not be so bad.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,316 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: floods

According to a friend in K'buri the road is OK.

Adelaide, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: floods

thanks let me know if anyone hears more

melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: floods

I found an up to date floods map: thaitravelblogs.com/2011/…

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: floods

There are currently no particular issues involved in getting to or around Kanchanaburi.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: floods

bbtony, I have been following your posting on Bangkok Floods avidly for the past 3 weeks.

We are due to fly into BKK from Krabi on 26th, being picked up and transferred to Kanchanburi, then back to Bangkok on27th to Royal Orchid Sheraton, flying out of BKK on 31st.

We have till tomorrow to cancel ROS. We really want to do this trip especially Kanchanburi, will the roads from airport to Kanchanburi be likely to be affected by the opening of the floodgates?

I don't want to contact our tour operator there unless I have to as last time he was very blase about the whole thing.

Thanks for you continuing updates in the Bangkok forum, I am posting here because there is little information given about here.

7. Re: floods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 14:18