We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Kwai-Nam Tok, with a stop at Tham Krasae

Level Contributor
14 posts
95 reviews
River Kwai-Nam Tok, with a stop at Tham Krasae

Hey guys, it will be my first time in Thailand later this year and am planning a trip to Kanchanaburi as well.

So here's what I had in mind. I'm planning to take the train from River Kwai to Nam Tok (the hellfire pass), but I also want to stop by at the Tham Krasae station. Now my question is this: If I stop by the Tham Krasae station, do I have to pay another 100 Bahts to get to Nam Tok? Or can I just reuse the ticket that I used to get to Tham Krasae since it's in the same direction after all?

Thanks in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: River Kwai-Nam Tok, with a stop at Tham Krasae

Hi

I think you should know that you will have to take the 6.05am train from River Kwai to arrive at Tham Krasae at 7.38am and then wait till 11.41am for the train to Nam Tok. If you take the 10.55am train from River Kwai, you will reach Nam Tok at 6.30pm and would not be able to get to Hellfire Pass anymore.

As for the ticket, I am not sure whether they would consider your earlier ticket as a valid ticket. This is because the ticket is 100 baht even if it is one stop. So, my guess is that you would need to purchase another ticket.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,659 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: River Kwai-Nam Tok, with a stop at Tham Krasae

Hi,

Two different services, you will need two tickets.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
105 reviews
3. Re: River Kwai-Nam Tok, with a stop at Tham Krasae

Inspectors come on board and check the tickets and clip them as used so you would not be able to use the same ticket to hop on and off. The tickets also have the destination, train time and point of origin printed on them.All tickets were checked on the train I went on from Kanchanaburi to Namtok a few days ago.

Level Contributor
14 posts
95 reviews
4. Re: River Kwai-Nam Tok, with a stop at Tham Krasae

Thanks all for the helpful replies, will be able to plan my trip better with this info. Perhaps I'll just end up hiring a car after all!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,659 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: River Kwai-Nam Tok, with a stop at Tham Krasae

Hi,

With so few trains that's not such a bad idea, happy travels, Andy.

Reply to: River Kwai-Nam Tok, with a stop at Tham Krasae
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted