We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

motorcycle rental

5 posts
motorcycle rental

Hello,

I plan to travel to Kanchanaburi on December, Do you know where I can rent a motorcycle?

7 replies to this topic
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,356 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: motorcycle rental

Hi,

There are several places on the main tourist strip where it is possible to rent a motorcycle. Just make sure the brakes function, you are properly insured and do not leave your passport with whoever you rent from.

Denmark
Level Contributor
366 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: motorcycle rental

Hi,

Also remember to require helmets. You also have to provide a driving license - an International Driving Permit issued in your home country would be preferred. The police might probably fine you for not fullfilling these two conditions. I agree with Andy - don't leave your passport at the shop... or anywhere else. This is your most personal ID that might be useful for you in many other situations.

Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: motorcycle rental

Hi

Check your bike carefully. Most hotels will also have motorbikes for rent.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,356 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: motorcycle rental

Hi again,

If you drive north of Kanchanaburi to towards Thong Pha Phum do also take your passport with you. There are checkpoints where you may need to show your identity.

Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
58 reviews
5. Re: motorcycle rental

It is best to take your passport or copy passport with you all the time. There are plenty of random checks even in Kanchanaburi town.

5 posts
6. Re: motorcycle rental

Thanks for your answer!!!

It's helpful for me~

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,356 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: motorcycle rental

Hi,

I sincerely hope they would be. Where do you intend driving to in the Kanchanaburi area?

Reply to: motorcycle rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted