We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hellfire Pass

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
102 reviews
Hellfire Pass

Hi guys, I was planning to visit Hellfire Pass this coming 27th Dec when I am around Kanchanaburi but I am aware that they might close for Christmas.

Can anybody please confirm if this is the case?

Thank you.

35 replies to this topic
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,382 posts
42 reviews
31. Re: Hellfire Pass

Hi Eugene,

Without or without the school holidays the Erawan Falls are very busy, especially at the weekend. While the Huay Kamin Falls are much quieter they are attracting more and more people. However, if you visit them mid week you may be lucky enough to have them to yourself.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
102 reviews
32. Re: Hellfire Pass

We will be visiting Erawan on a Thursday morning but since it's the school holidays, I fully expect it to be crowded nonetheless haha!

Would love to visit the other waterfall but the extra travelling time may not permit it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
102 reviews
33. Re: Hellfire Pass

We will be visiting Erawan on a Thursday morning but since it's the school holidays, I fully expect it to be crowded nonetheless haha!

Would love to visit the other waterfall but the extra travelling time may not permit it.

Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
58 reviews
34. Re: Hellfire Pass

I am sure you will be okay. Even though it is scholl holidays it is not a public holidays. Parents still have to work.

Enjoy yourselves.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,382 posts
42 reviews
35. Re: Hellfire Pass

Hi Eugene,

Just aim to reach the Falls early, if you arrive after 10.00 it can be a bit of a nightmare!

Reply to: Hellfire Pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kanchanaburi