We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lam Klong Ngu Caving tour

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
467 posts
Lam Klong Ngu Caving tour

Anyone have first hand experience or second hand knowledge of over night/s caving/cannoning tours that operate from March/May in Lam Klong Ngu National Park. I could only find one company online Safarine Tours and they want 19000bht which is absolutely ludicrous given the itinerary and lack of equipment/skill required

Edited: 06 November 2017, 03:18
8 replies to this topic
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,367 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Lam Klong Ngu Caving tour

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge Safarine is the only company that does such specialized tours. Sorry I cannot be of much help.

Kanchanaburi
1 post
2. Re: Lam Klong Ngu Caving tour

Hi,

Price is not ludicrous for a 3days private trip considering the distance from city , the staffs and guide needed , the 4x4 car to get there , 2 night accomodations , all food , the nationals park rangers who lead the group in jungle for 2 days ....

You can get there by yourself otherwise , the waterfalls "Nang kruan"are easy to get , the 2 others visit " SAO HIN" and "NOK NANG HAEN" need 4x4 car and rangers to go with and need bring food too as no restaurant others there , also no phone signal.

David Kanchanaburi

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
467 posts
3. Re: Lam Klong Ngu Caving tour

Thankyou for the information in your second paragraph.

Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: Lam Klong Ngu Caving tour

Hi

These are specialized tours that only Safarine runs. So your choice would be try and make it on your own especially with the ranger arrangement or pay the price they request or choose to go elsewhere.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
467 posts
5. Re: Lam Klong Ngu Caving tour

I spoke with a ranger today with my limited Thai, info is cloudy but initial call gave me some hope, ill be in Kan in a month or so will probably go to park for some face to face conformation.

As Judy says we can choose to go else where so to anyone reading this and looking for a similar experience i recommend an overnight trip to Khao Sok national park that includes a trip to Nam Talu cave, many tour operators in Khao Sok town so prices are realistic, competitive and value for money

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,367 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Lam Klong Ngu Caving tour

Hi,

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
58 reviews
7. Re: Lam Klong Ngu Caving tour

Hi

If you are in Bangkok, you can also to the National Park Office there and talk with them.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,367 posts
42 reviews
8. Re: Lam Klong Ngu Caving tour

Hi,

The National Park Office is helpful for making accommodation bookings. However, the staff are far removed from what happens in the parks, in my experience anyway.

Reply to: Lam Klong Ngu Caving tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kanchanaburi