We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NAM TOK to HELLFIRE pass and back in 3 hours?

Lake Forest, IL
Level Contributor
87 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
NAM TOK to HELLFIRE pass and back in 3 hours?

Taking the weekend tourist train to Kanachanaburi that goes on to Nam Tok. There is a 3 hour 'layover' there (which I am assuming may even be less if the incoming train is delayed, as likely it is the same train that turns around and then departs on time). IF I could find a private moto or taxi driver, would 3 hours be enough time to visit Hellfire and get back?

My first priority is not missing the train from NAM TOK back:-), so it sounds like the public buses would not really fit this schedule - and I'm not sure there is even anyone waiting at the station to hire? 3 hours seems like a lot of time to walk to a waterfall that may not have much water in December? Is there food and/or an air-conditioned place to wait for the departing train? Thank you for the info, especially from those who have taken this State Rail way weekend tourist train from the main station (Hua Lamphong).The information I can find is less than clear.

21 replies to this topic
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,379 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: NAM TOK to HELLFIRE pass and back in 3 hours?

Hi,

No worries GTA, the important thing is the OP realises there is more than one way of doing things.

Reply to: NAM TOK to HELLFIRE pass and back in 3 hours?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted