We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Bangkok to River Kwai

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Bangkok to River Kwai

Hi ,

Good day to all of you.

Tentatively , below stated is our idea to travel from Bangkok city to Kanchanaburi for your kind review :-

1) Rent a van and a driver . Early in the morning , the driver will pick us from the hotel in Bangkok city and drive to Maeklong Railway. We would snap some photos when the train passing through and we walk around the market to do some window shopping.

2) After this , drive to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market.

Our humble enquiry : Is there a long tail boat or a boat that could take us to the big canal in order to take some photos ? Should we cover Amphawa floating market as well ?

3) After having early lunch over there , we will drive to Death Railway and take train To Krasae Cave . In here , can we take the same train to the Hellfire Pass or we have to go down from one station and take another separate train to the Hellfire Pass ?

After that , we will go back to Bangkok in the late evening.

What do you think of this draft of the travel itinerary? Your advice is much appreciated.

Thank you .

Brad.

23 replies to this topic
Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Day trip from Bangkok to River Kwai

Hi Brad

Thanks for informing the forum.

Hopefully you will get a chance to visit Kanchanaburi another time.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Day trip from Bangkok to River Kwai

Hi AjarnAndy ,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I would certainly come back to Thailand and Kanchanaburi is one of my top list .

Regards,

Brandon.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,384 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Day trip from Bangkok to River Kwai

Hi Brandon,

Having visited the area many times I fully understand why. I hope you get the opportunity to do so sooner rather than later.

Cheers, Andy.

Reply to: Day trip from Bangkok to River Kwai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted